NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is seven + four?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

mosey
08-21-2006 02:34:16

Great news! Thanks for the update smile

Waccoon
08-20-2006 19:59:00

Not to worry, I found what was causing the problem.  Something wasn't being initialized properly.

mosey
08-20-2006 03:30:55

It was for updating Oekakipoteto. smile
I guess what I'm hoping for ( to help others as there are so many installations around of Oekakipoteto) is just a sentence in the readme for instance to say that if pictures do not display due to no file extension (maybe as a troubleshoot question?) search for fixtypes.php on the forum.
Thanks!

Waccoon
08-19-2006 21:34:45

Well, that depends if the updater actually returns any errors, as opposed to just "not working."

I think this happens when updating OekakiPoteto, rather than an older version of Wacintaki.

mosey
08-19-2006 08:06:23

Thanks for youre reply. I kept a back of my database tables for Oekakipotato5.x as well as the dbconn.php (and other files) suggested in the readme.html.  Perhaps if I make another installation of Oekakipotato5.x using these details in a different folder (and table names) I could try and see if I can reproduce the error again? smile

Waccoon
08-19-2006 07:29:28

People occasionally tell me about this problem, but I have yet to reproduce it.  I'll add some more debugging to the updater, so maybe someone can tell me what part of the code isn't working.

Fixtypes does use a slightly different tecnique than the updater, though.  I should probably unify them.

mosey
08-19-2006 03:36:43

Hi,

I only just found out about this yesterday and hot-footed to upgrade my installation of OekakiPotato5.x. Thank you very much for continuing to develop the script! smile The install went without too much of a problem, except at the end with regards to the file extension type - which was fixed easily using fixtypes.php. As it appears to be a relatively common problem, perhaps it would be a good idea to include it within the next release and or at least include some words in the documentation about where to find fixtypes.php if necessary.

Thanks!
Mosey

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB