NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is ten + ten?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

Waccoon
04-02-2011 00:46:39

@isaac-sul:

It's a network problem.  Some ISPs have problems doing DNS traces, and in such cases the traces fail.  Most of the time, a DNS trace will time out after 5-10 seconds, and that much time will be added to the oekaki's load time.

isaac-sul
04-01-2011 22:56:46

Maybe there is a problem with your hardware as I am not experiencing such problems. May I know to which operating system you have appended Wacintaki? You might want to try disabling some hack functions so that you would be able to track the reason for such slow process. Please update us so that we could give you possible solutions to your problem.

Pinkie
01-19-2011 15:26:31

I've turned the DNS option off and the user reports the oekaki is working fine. smile

Waccoon
01-17-2011 03:44:21

I think it's about time I disabled the host ban feature by default.  Realistically, it's not all that useful, and it tends to cause more problems than it solves, given that host banning is a drastic, last-resort way to stop spamming.

It'll still be there if people have a genuine need for it, but the host lookup can take a while for some ISPs, and I don't really know why.

Pinkie
01-17-2011 02:53:10

A member of my oekaki reports that all the Wacintakis she goes on to load extremely slowly.

I didn't have this problem before, but ever since the last time I went to check on PWO, which is around 4 months ago, all of the oekaki boards have been loading incredibly slowly for me, more precisely around 28 seconds, or so the load time says.

I can load any other oekaki fine, but not PWO. Everything loads correctly, it's just that it takes a very long time. It does this on every web browser I try to go on. I'm running on windows XP.

I tried clearing cache, cookies, etc. on all of the browsers, it still does the same thing.

Is there any way you could help me on that?

I did a little bit of research, and I've found this:
http://www.ninechime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=618
Maybe that's the problem?

Actually, this happens to me on every Wacintaki oekaki I try to load [since changing ISPs]. I have no idea why it does this. Also, it's not the DSL, it's actually the DNS lookup.

The only issue is, is that you say that disabling that variable in hacks.php affects the banning system. We have a problem with spammers and so I would like to know how this affects the system and whether or not it is safe for me to do so?

Any help is appreciated
Pinkie

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB