NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is nine + eight?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

akali04
04-12-2011 09:20:10

Microsoft SQL Server is a reliable and advanced database management system that provides you various database management and SQL database recovery algorithms. DBCC CHECKDB is one of the most advanced SQL Server commands that helps you repair corrupt database.

isaac-sul
04-01-2011 22:53:00

That has been a problem with mysql, it tends to crash from time to time from various errors. The solution to which is to apply for a web hosting that would pave way for automatic database backup. There are a lot out there that have a smart back-up functionality that will help preserve data and if unfortunately they crash, there wouldn't be much discrepancies.

Waccoon
02-07-2011 17:28:48

Oh, yeah... that's a database maintenance issue, all right.  It looks like the data ended up going into the wrong SQL account.

I doubt this will happen again, but if it does, let me know pronto.

arisidhe
02-07-2011 17:19:02

...........Um, well, that's strange.  Everything seems to be fixed now. 
But I've been checking back on the mySQL database several times a day, and refreshed my browser and everything and for the longest time it kept showing Feb 3 entries and then nothing else... Guess it took longer to register/update than I thought?

Well, it seems to have fixed itself now, so that's good.  Sorry about that, Wac!  Yes, we're looking at the same thing, it seems, and all should be well now.  :)

Waccoon
02-07-2011 02:36:53

If you go to "phpMyAdmin" and access the mySQL database and go to the most recent comments or pictures, you'll see the ones that were lost on the 3rd... and, what worries me much more, the fact that all of the newer pictures and comments are not there.  I don't know WHERE the data for the newer comments/pictures might be going, since there's no second mySQL database or anything.

I'm still not sure what you mean by this.  Here's what I'm doing:

1) I go to http://members.000webhost.com/login.php and log in with the information you sent to me.
2) I click "Go to C Panel", then "phpMyAdmin", then "Enter phpMyAdmin".
3) I look at the op_oekakicmt table, click "Browse", and sort by postdate descending.

Once there, I see that there's no comments dated for February 3rd.  However, I can see comments from Feb. 4th through Feb. 7th.

From what I can see, only February 3rd is missing.  Everything older and newer than that day is showing up in the database just fine.

Are you sure you're using the same login that you sent me in that e-mail?

In the "Account information" section of your CPanel, the specific server listed is server9.000webhost.com and the IP address is 173.212.215.234.  I'm hoping we're both looking at the SQL data on the same server.

arisidhe
02-06-2011 23:18:32

Regarding the mySQL database, Wac:  Yes, it's like you said it was.  Well, there were more comments posted on both the three pictures that still kept their place on the oekaki but had the image files deleted, posted after a certain time that also got deleted.  These are the files I was talking about when I said I could see "exactly what got lost".
If you go to "phpMyAdmin" and access the mySQL database and go to the most recent comments or pictures, you'll see the ones that were lost on the 3rd... and, what worries me much more, the fact that all of the newer pictures and comments are not there.  I don't know WHERE the data for the newer comments/pictures might be going, since there's no second mySQL database or anything. 
Sorry to keep bothering you about this, but yeah, that's what's actually bothering me about this whole site "crash" thing.  I don't know what's going on in mySQL anymore and it kinda worries me.

I'll also try to do more regular backups now; thank you for the tip!  smile

Waccoon
02-06-2011 21:23:07

the mySQL database still doesn't include the recent pictures and comments, only those before the wipe.

I'm not sure what you mean, here.  Are you saying there were comments on the affected pictures that disappeared at the same time the pictures did?  All comments newer than those pictures were all wiped out?  I see there's no comments on the board that are dated for February 3rd, so everything that was posted on February 3rd disappeared?

If that's the case, then I'm fairly certain that the server had a maintenance problem on February 3rd.  Whether that will happen again in the near future is anyone's guess.

One thing you may want to do is make a backup of your database using myPhpAdmin.  Go into that utility, and click the "Export" tab at the top.  At the bottom, click "Save as File," set the compression to "Zipped," and then click "Go."  This will allow you to download a complete backup of your database.  If something goes wrong, you can selectively restore certain information, such as only restoring the memberlist, only the mailbox, only comments posted before a certain date, etc.

I make a backup of my oekaki about once a month.  My host is good with data integrity, but I still prefer to have my own backups.  However, backing up all the pictures is impractical.  Don't bother, because most hosts are better at backing up files than databases.

arisidhe
02-06-2011 11:19:26

Thank you very much, Wac!  I've re-uploaded the two files and pulled off the index.php bit for the url. 

And yeah, so far everything else has been running smoothly on the board, so hopefully things'll just be okay from here on out. 
But I'm still kind of lost as to the php/mySQL bit... the mySQL database still doesn't include the recent pictures and comments, only those before the wipe... is this not a big deal/something I should be worried over?

Again, thanks so much for the help.  Hopefully things will just go back to normal!

Waccoon
02-06-2011 04:18:12

Okay, I've accessed the site and have found out a few things.

First, I don't think there's anything wrong with the database.  The error log on the server has a few glitches listed for last month, but nothing major.  I wouldn't worry about comments disappearing and stuff like that.

Second, FTP access of the pictures and avatars folders didn't work.  So, I fixed them.  You should now be able to upload image directly into the pictures folder, so if you have a backup of picture 633 or whatever, you should be able to put it back.  The only catch is that if you upload an image to the pictures folder directly, you should CHMOD it to 666 (or, turn on Read and Write permissions for all groups.  You shouldn't have to enable Execute permissions, but I suppose you can do that if you want).

Third, there's one little thing that can be fixed.  Log into the oekaki, and go to the Control Panel.  At the very top look for "URL to OekakiPoteto".  Get rid of the "index.php" at the end, so it shows up as "http://arisidhe.site88.net/oekaki".  I'll fix the installer so that the "index.php" is always stripped off the end.  It's not a big deal, though.  It's certainly not causing the disappearing pictures.

As for why the images have disappeared, I haven't found out anything that can explain it.  All of your FTP permissions are fine, the oekaki log doesn't show anything, and the server log hasn't shown any database issues for the last month.  I'm tempted to write this one off as a server maintenance/backup issue.  Please keep an eye on it and if you have more problems, let me know ASAP.

Waccoon
02-06-2011 03:18:23

The out of memory errors mean the server is overloaded.  Line 274 in boot.php is the first time that the oekaki tries to get information from the database to log in a registered member.  Since they all happen on the same line and on the first database call, I wouldn't worry about it.  That just means someone will have to hit the "refresh" button on their web browser to view the board.

There's nothing else unusual about the log.  I assume the "fail" at the top for picture 633 is when you hit the "Thumb" button to try and rebuild the thumbnail, and it's complaining that the picture isn't there.

The second screen shot is interesting, and this tells me there's some kind of filesystem permission issue.  I'll have to check that out and get back to you.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB