NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is one + nine?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

lessie
05-06-2011 08:35:28

No problem. It's a pleasure to meet such a helpful admin. It really rarely happens.

Your update solved the problem. Thank you a lot! smile

Waccoon
05-06-2011 07:03:06

Ouch.  You seem to have inadvertently stabbed me in the gut.

This is a really stupid mistake on my part.  I found a massive problem with the save code, but it only affects the Shi-Chan applets, and only if there is more than one picture already posted.

Edit: here is the 5.8.5 update for you.  Sorry about this mess.

lessie
05-05-2011 07:28:26

No. The pictures ARE saved and that is what's strange...

And they display correctly when I access them directly via browser. The problem is that they have ".png" name - and the program probably displays "cannot find recent picture" because it requires the expected file to allow a database entry...

I performed a fresh install from the address ninechime.com/products/Wax_Poteto/wax-5.8.4.zip on two different servers - even more surprisingly - both on which the problem appears.

I could give you the address to the OE. Can you tell me your e-mail address?

Waccoon
05-05-2011 05:05:24

I can't even guess why recopying the "common.php" file fixed the problem, other than the previous file being from a really old version of Wax.  Are you installing from one of the ZIP archives on the Products page, or did you back up the files from a previous install so you could move to a new server?

If there are no names (numbers) when pictures are being saved, that means the pictures are still not being saved at all.  I suspect that there might be more files that need to be recopied.

Failing anything else, I might need a link to your oekaki to do some investigation.  If the server has a bizarre security policy, pictures drawn with the applets may not work, but file uploads should.

lessie
05-04-2011 09:34:44

Actually, it's a fresh install... now uploading seems to work, when I recopied common.php (I tried to solve the problem with it on my own and I may have screwed it - but I worked only with common.php).

However, the images drawn still upload as ".png" (without a name). The file .png seems to be correct, except for the name...

Waccoon
05-04-2011 05:07:14

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: w_group_readable() in /home/NAME/public_html/oe/paintsave.php on line 430

Whoa... is this an update or a fresh install?  This looks like a failed update where the "common.php" file (and possibly a few others) has not been replaced.  The "common.php" file is the one that contains the w_group_readable() function.

Try re-uploading the "common.php" file, and if that doesn't work, download the latest version of Wax and try to do a full update.

lessie
05-03-2011 06:15:36

Thank you for your quick responding.

Unfortunately, the log is empty. While uploading I got the following error:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: w_group_readable() in /home/NAME/public_html/oe/paintsave.php on line 430
The upload finished with normal boxes (comments, author name, date), etc., but without images. When I click on the dead links (images should be in their places), they seem to link to something like that:
> LINK.pl/oe/pictures/2.
Without the file extension, as you can see.

The Diagnostics tool provided the following:
> ./       OK
> ./pictures/     OK
> ./templates/     OK
> ./resource/     OK
> ./avatars/     OK
> ./config.php     OK
> ./dbconn.php     OK
> ./announce.php     OK
> ./banner.php     OK
> ./hosts.txt     OK
> ./ips.txt     OK
> ./notice.php     OK

And this as well:
> Folder:       pictures
> Total files:     2
> Total space used:     114KB
> Average file size:     57KB
>  Images:     2 (100.0%)
> Animations:     0 ( 0.0%)
> .PNG:     0
> .JPG:     2

The images were uploaded correctly (they are in the folder), but they are not displayed.
One of the images I've drawn in the Java applet is also in the folder, but its name is ".png" - without any numbers. It also exists as a picture, it wasn't added to the database after producing the
" Cannot find recent picture
Use your browser button to go back."
error.

I hope this is a complex information about this issue. Please, help us.

Waccoon
05-03-2011 05:51:44

Apparently, the images are not saving and/or being inserted into the database.

Try logging in as the owner, go to the Administration menu, and then click on the Log.  This will show recent activity on the oekaki.  If there's any messages that say that a picture could not be saved, tell me what it says.

Also from the Administration menu, click on Diagnostics and look at the bottom part under Locks.  If any of those paths show a status other than "OK", then the permissions of the paths are not correct, and you may have to adjust them via FTP.

Do you have any problems when using the Upload feature?  Some free web hosts will not accept data from Java applets, but will accept data from web browsers, so only the Upload feature will work correctly.

lessie
05-02-2011 09:42:24

As in the subject, I draw anything and it gives:
" Cannot find recent picture

Use your browser button to go back."

Tried on two different servers with installation performed correctly. What could be the problem?

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB