NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is nine + two?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

Waccoon
02-15-2012 06:35:34

Super!

Yeah, there was a lot of useless stuff in the .htaccess file that was trying to override the server's defaults.  That often works on a dedicated server that only runs one web site, but when a server is running multiple web sites run by different people, the server won't like overrides.

At any rate, if you run into this problem again, I know what to look for.  I also learned a bit more about server security, so it's a win for us both.  wink

Zeruda
02-14-2012 11:14:41

New .htaccess works! This is great! Thank you so much from all of us. :> You are too good to us! Very appreciated hard work. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Waccoon
02-14-2012 04:17:34

Disabling the plugin will leave the .htaccess file on the server, so it doesn't surprise me that won't get the oekaki working.

After comparing the ".htaccess" file with the "httpd.conf" file I use on my server, I realize now that it's doing some paranoid stuff.  Most notably, it assumes the server hasn't been set up correctly, and also assumes that WordPress is the ONLY software that is running on the server.  This means by default that WordPress will probably work fine, but everything else will be broken.

I've sent you another .htaccess file to try out.  If this one works, then we're all set.

If it doesn't work, you'll have to delete the BulletProof plug-in from WordPress, and then I'll make two fully custom .htaccess files for you to upload into your root folder and WordPress folder.

From what I've seen, BulletProof tries to override a lot of your server's default security settings, and that can cause some strange problems (it won't even work at all on my server).

Zeruda
02-13-2012 19:33:31

Zeruda wrote:

Ah, that didn't seem to work either. hmm This is too strange to me. For years this oekaki is working, and now all of a sudden it won't. I think a next step is to contact my host, but do you have a suggestion to what the question is I should ask? Simply "Why does java doesn't work?" will be too vague, I'm sure.

Update:

I disabled the plugin, and no difference. But then I remove EVERYTHING from the .htaccess that is part of the plugin's settings, and it made it work. Problem though, I must have the plugin for security. Before without it, there was much hacking. So, from this I know it must be something in the .htaccess. I am taking this information from what you've discovered so far, and maybe the plugin author may know...

Zeruda
02-13-2012 14:10:09

Ah, that didn't seem to work either. hmm This is too strange to me. For years this oekaki is working, and now all of a sudden it won't. I think a next step is to contact my host, but do you have a suggestion to what the question is I should ask? Simply "Why does java doesn't work?" will be too vague, I'm sure.

Waccoon
02-13-2012 06:44:18

Wow.  Your server really doesn't want JAR files to work, does it?

The Java console gave me a lot of errors like "network: Cache entry not found [url: http: //www.knightsofhyrule.org/draw/PaintBBS.jar, version: null]"

According to a forum post I found, this happens when the server returns a Java MIME type of "application/octet-stream" instead of "application/java-archive".  I'm sending you a new .htaccess file you can try, in the hopes that it can assign the MIME type correctly.  Apparently, your hosting service hasn't set up the server to handle Java at all, and Java is really, really fussy about this stuff.

As for the JAR files themselves, they appear to now be correct.  The only other files that still appear to be corrupt are the "preview.png" and "pr0n.png" files in the resource folder.  Again, I have no idea how your hosting service would have corrupted those files, but apparently something went wrong.

Zeruda
02-13-2012 00:40:56

Hmm... redownloaded the files, unzipped, and reuploaded. Still the class not found errors are seen for each applet. Is there somehow a reason for there to be a corruption? Maybe in the upload process it happens? I am not sure how this would happen from a fresh copy.

Waccoon
02-11-2012 05:29:54

Well, I found the problem.  The JAR and ZIP files on your server are corrupted.  I downloaded them and tested them against the files from the Wacintaki distro and there's extra "stuff" that shouldn't be there.

How that happened depends on what your hosting provider did.  Most likely it's due to a UNIX/Windows text conversion error, although the end-of-line format appears to be correct.  Weird.

Anyway, to fix this, you'll have to re-upload the "chibipaint.jar", "PaintBBS.jar", and "spainter_all.jar" files to the main oekaki folder, and the "PCHViewer.jar", "res.zip", and "tt.zip" files into the "shipainter" folder.  Once these corrupt files have been replaced with good copies, your board should work again.

The .htaccess file looks okay to me, so that should work fine once the applets have been refreshed.

I didn't run into the error with make_edit_pass().  See if you still have problems after fixing the applets.

Zeruda
02-10-2012 15:27:36

Restore worked almost good: we are having an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_edit_pass() (previously declared in (our-path)/draw/paintsave.php:11) in (our-path)/draw/paintsave.php on line 14

For all applets.

As for the other issue, I just sent the .htaccess file. The Bullet-proof Security plugin update moved many settings into the root .htaccess file with the most recent update. Maybe that is a cause of the problem. Thank you so much for your time. :>

Waccoon
02-09-2012 03:53:17

I used phpMyAdmin but it was during 1.5.9 so I did not know if it is okay to import after 1.5.10.

Yes, you may.  The database didn't change in 1.5.10.

If you have any issues, such as duplicate rows or other errors during the import, let me know.  Restoring a database is more difficult than backing it up.

The plugin for the custom .htaccess updated, but we carried over your changes.  It only stopped working just a couple days ago.

I had some trouble getting it to work last time, because I noticed that if the lines were out of order, the .htaccess file didn't work.

Perhaps you should send me the file again and I'll have another look at it.  Here is my e-mail address

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB