NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is eight + seven?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

Waccoon
08-20-2005 22:16:25

Wait... you mean the cookie test script worked fine, and Wacintaki still doesn't?  That might mean there's a problem with how your server is handling redirects.

I see you have a thread in the Wax Poteto section, so I'll discuss the database issue there.

Phailure
08-20-2005 12:18:02

well, im having problems with wax poteto, but i guess i should move over to THAT section for it. but i keep getting this error when i install:
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected
No Database Selected

rawr

Phailure
08-20-2005 11:45:13

yeah. worked perfectly fine. i think i might try installing that wax board instead. see if it works.

Waccoon
08-19-2005 03:22:59

Any luck?

Phailure
08-15-2005 00:02:16

hmmmm... ill try that. thanks.

Waccoon
08-14-2005 02:23:29

A re-install and CHMODing won't fix this problem.  I'm 99% sure the server is at fault.

Download this file and run it.  It's a very simple script designed to test your server's ability to set and read cookies.

If it doesn't work, your server isn't working correctly.  Let me know what happens.  Basicly, you'll have to contact your sysadmin, point out this file to them, and let them try it out.  It's simple enough so if they have any clue how to use PHP, they'll know right away that the server is at fault, not the script.  Let me know what they tell you, too.

If the script DOES work, then there's something about the page redirect that is preventing cookes from being set.  This may have to do with the fact that "index.php" isn't working and you're getting a directory listing instead.  I've taken a glance at their account control panel, but I'm not quite sure how to set up accounts so PHP indexes will work properly.  This would be the other question you should ask your sysadmin: how to turn on index pages for "index.php" files.  I'm very surprised that the server doesn't already do this, given that they offer full PHP and MySQL support, and even offer phpBB.

Phailure
08-12-2005 23:12:20

i pay thewebhostingnetwork for my domain and web hosting. i dont think i have admin access to the server, i dont even have a dedicated IP. if i installed it again would i t work? i dont know if i CHMODed it right. if so might you do i t for me?

thanks

Waccoon
08-12-2005 02:57:47

IIS isn't setting cookies properly when if redirects pages.  It returns similar headers to Apache servers, but the parts that are supposed to set cookies are nowhere to be found.  This may be difficult to resolve without direct access to the server.

Normally what happens is PHP sends its output to IIS.  IIS then examines what the HTTP headers look like, and appends those headers to the headers IIS usues.  For some reason, IIS is ignoring whatever headers PHP is using.  I've heard that getting PHP to work with IIS is not a trivial task.

Is this your own server or are you getting your service from someone else?

If you can get admin access the server, I may be able to point out the config settings you'll need to change to get this working correctly, along with the index pages, which really should be on by default.

Phailure
08-11-2005 15:22:54

i emailed you teh stuff, and thank you for helping me.....

Waccoon
08-11-2005 03:42:28

Hmm...  this is very odd.

Well, since the board is returning an error with an incorrect login, it appears that the login code is being executed, but the call to "setcookie()" isn't working.  Since I can't try to login, myself, I don't know what headers IIS is sending to the web browser.

If you can't find a way to approve my account, e-mail me your login and I'll see what the server is or isn't sending to the browser.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB