NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is nine + five?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

Waccoon
01-15-2010 06:45:49

It's not a firewall issue, it's Java itself.  Java has a security policy file somewhere that is blocking the site.

Every browser requires a Java different plug-in with its own security policy, and it's the differences between the plug-ins that result in different behavior between the browsers.

The IE version works and always has, the Opera version was working for a while and apparently isn't working anymore, and the Firefox version has been broken for quite a while.

noko
01-13-2010 04:01:18

Uh, that's some complex answer, thanks. I'm just end user however. But does that explain why it does work in Microsoft IE while not in Opera? I noticed that IE runs java as a plugin. And Opera runs it somehow inside itself(does not pop out the java icon on the lower right in the windows,etc.).

IE, java console message I get:
Reading certificates from 11 http ://static.4chan.org/oekaki/PCHViewer.jar | C:\Documents and Settings\x\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\11\47bc244b-470af707.idx

Opera,java console :
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission images.4chan.org resolve)
    at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
    at com.opera.URLConnection.connect(URLConnection.java:82)
    at com.opera.URLConnection.getInputStream(URLConnection.java:113)
    at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
    at pch2.PCHCanvas.rLoad(Unknown Source)
    at pch2.PCHCanvas.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I even thought it might be some firewall issue, but problem persists even after giving all permissions to the Opera.
I have the newest java installed too.

Waccoon
01-07-2010 08:41:27

Has solution been found yet?

Well, Sun claims to have fixed this problem multiple times, but the error persists, so I guess not.

The problem is that Java is typically used for servers these days, and applets are no longer important to the developer's bottom line.  Also, most uses for Java (such as for VPN tunnels) require an applet to be "signed" so it will only work with just one web site, such as an individual corporate site.  That makes things very difficult for applets that are redistributable so they can be used on any number of sites.  By design, an applet isn't supposed to be able to send streams of data to any server unless the applet was also downloaded from that server.  It's essentially an anti-spamming measure -- a very frustrating one.

The good news is that this problem only affects a relatively small number of servers, so you'll only have to use IE on some oekaki boards, and not all of them.  I'm still looking for workarounds, but according to Sun's developer site, there simply isn't one, other than signing the applet.

Drawing animations also don't load

This could be related to advertisements interfering with the animation data, which is a common problem.  To fix this, the ".htaccess" file in the Wacintaki documentation folder must be copied to the server and the server must have ".htaccess" files enabled.  This tells the server not to interfere with downloads with the "PCH" and "OEB" file extensions.  This can only be done by the owner of the oekaki.

More detailed instructions are in the Wacintaki manual.

noko
01-07-2010 04:18:18

I have this problem with Opera while using shi-painter.
When I press Upload, I receive message: " access denied (java.net SocketPermission "web.page.name" resolve) SendE ".Drawing animations also don't load.
Works fine with IE. But I would rather avoid using that monstrosity,if possible.
Has solution been found yet?

Waccoon
07-02-2008 03:04:40

The problem only affects some servers.  Most servers will work fine, but a handful will not.  I have the latest version of Java (1.6.0_06), and there are still some boards out there that will not allow me to submit pictures with Firefox.

Steve
06-30-2008 21:37:34

All you have to do to fix this issue, is update Java.  Download it from Sun's website, and install.  That's all there is to it.  I have tried this on multiple machines.

acwitness
02-17-2008 20:33:42

Changing paths didn't work for me either  sad

Lark
02-17-2008 18:18:49

Ick. I'm getting this error with Firefox now as well. Changing the jar paths didn't appear to work for me though.

lemm
01-28-2008 12:27:44

Good to know...if it's a Firefox bug, then hopefully it'll be fixed eventually. I just had this problem today.
Anyway, thank you as always, Wac. I love this program. Shame I can't seem to convince my site visitors quite as much, though! wink

saffy
01-19-2008 19:18:16

This has been killing my brain for months T_T
but today I changed the code on notebbs.php and paintbbs.php:

<applet
archive="blabla.jar" to

<applet
archive="http://yourdomain.com/blabla.jar"

and now it's working !!!

I hope this quick hack will actually work for others

~Saffy (currently switching to wax poteto)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB