NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is six + nine?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

Chiri
11-11-2005 01:43:29

Oops. Please ignore the previous post. Turns out I forgot to assign the user to the DB.. ^^; Sorry..

Chiri
11-10-2005 23:53:12

My board is getting the same errors as the other users, but I tried the suggested solutions and they wouldn't work. I put the whole DB name but it still wouldn't generate tables.. hmm

PokéJungle
10-25-2005 22:43:09

Wow!  big_smile

...that's all I had to do XD  Weird though; because when I added the prefix in the install.php, it wouldn't work 0o;

Thanks for all the help!  ^_______________________^

Syke
10-25-2005 07:03:03

It LIVES!

Waccoon
10-25-2005 03:58:50

@PokéJungle:  Possibly.  I've heard CPanel automatically puts on extensions and can cause some confusion.  You don't really have to re-install the board.  Just change the value of $dbname in the dbconn.php file, if that's easier.  On my server, I have to put the CPanel prefix before both the database user and database name.

@Kapi:  I must admit I messed up the installer for 1.2.4, as it has one of the debug flags turned on.  Use this new installer.  I updated the archive on Sunday.  Sorry for the mix-up.

PokéJungle
10-24-2005 20:37:07

Ok ... no empty spots on dbconn.php ~  I put "smeargle" for the db and "***_canvas" for the user 0o;  [*** is my CPanel prefix]  Should I put "***_smeargle" for the db?

Kapi
10-24-2005 13:55:14

Hi, hate to but in but I'm getting the same error as well. Although the dbuser is set with full rights, the oekaki is not building tables. I'm probably missing something simple but on the off chance do you have blank tables that I can maunally ad or a mock up of what they should look like? I hope I'm making sense. thanks for your time.

Waccoon
10-24-2005 00:23:52

I don't get it.  This means PHP can connect to MySQL and logs in properly, but just can't find a valid database.  The "no database selected" error comes directly from MySQL, not from Wacintaki.

Is the capitalization of your database name correct?  Is your "Database Prefix" or "Member Database Prefix" blank?  If you open up the "dbconn.php" file in a text editor, are any of the variables blank?

PokéJungle
10-23-2005 22:27:40

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...
No database selected [members]
No database selected [admin]
No database selected [chat]
No database selected [comment]
No database selected [data]
No database selected [online]
No database selected [mailbox]
No database selected [misc]
No database selected [chat_mod]
No database selected [chat_mod_users]
No database selected [piccount]
No database selected [dbversion]
Finished setting up database...

Now I'm getting that @______________@;  Which I'm really confused ... the db user has all privileges, and I put down a valid mySQL db too.

Waccoon
10-23-2005 19:44:17

Try this new installer:  Install for 1.2.4

This one will actually give you error messages if something goes wrong.  :s

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB