NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-12-2010 20:41:15

Bro

Not loading at all

So, I've been having a problem with oekakis for a few months lately, used to work and now the whole drawing page won't load at all.
The background of the website itself comes up, along with the change the sizes things, but just the whole applet won't load.
I have the latest Java, and Ad-blocker is disabled, I have tried on other browsers and still no luck.
Java works on everything else but oekakis and pchat, any one have an idea of to do?

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, thought it seemed like a good try.

#2 05-13-2010 03:11:08

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Not loading at all

The first thing to do is open up the Java Console to see if any error messages are available.  In Firefox, go to the Tools menu and click "Java Console".  In Internet Explorer, I forget if there's a way to open the Java Console, but you should be able to open it by right-clicking on the Java tray icon (the coffee cup icon next to the clock on the Windows toolbar) and opening the console from there.  If you're on a Mac, I'm not sure what to do.

The Java Console shows technical information about the applet as it runs.  If the applets won't start, there should be some sort of message in the console at the bottom, usually something about "classes" missing or some kind of "exception".  Taking a screenshot of the console and posting it here would be fine.

#3 01-03-2011 00:38:49

bongjibbs

Hi!

I'm having this same exact problem so I figured I'd post it here. Any help would be appreciated.

My oekaki site is bongjibbs. While I don't have a Mac myself, a member does and left me a message saying she's having difficulty - the drawing board won't load at all.

Some info about her problem:
-Mac OS, Firefox 3.6.13
-I asked her to check her Java console for any errors but she replied stating she couldn't check it for some reason (?). I don't know if that means there aren't any because I'm unable to open the console when there's no Java, Java problems, etc.
-screenshot: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/bu … 5325PM.png

I made a test username in case someone wanted to try it: user: test password: password101

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. If I mistakenly passed over a solution please let me know. Thank you in advance!

#4 01-03-2011 03:48:07

Waccoon
Administrator

I'm afraid Java on the Mac has been a problem for years, and different models of Macs (PowerPC, Intel 32-bit, Intel 64-bit), have a whole set of different issues.

It's been a while since I tried using my Mac, so when I get up tomorrow, I'll give it a try on your oekaki and see if it works any differently than my web site.  I have an older Mac (PowerPC running OSX Tiger), but hopefully I can figure something out.

#5 01-03-2011 19:11:24

Waccoon
Administrator

I've just tried logging in and viewing the applet on my Mac, and it seems to work fine, so long as I don't click the "Resize applet to fit screen" button.  If I click that button, the screen gets a little messed up, but the applet still works.

I'm using a PowerPC Mac mini with OSX 10.4 Tiger and Java update 8, and I'm using Firefox 3.6.13 as the browser.

Unfortunately ,the Mac version of Firefox doesn't support a Java Console to figure out why programs crash on Java.  I don't think a Java Console is available at all on Macs.

She might have to use Safari to see if that works, or try using Apple Update to see if there's a security update.  Sorry, but I'm not really sure where to go from here.  Java for the Mac is supplied directly by Apple, so there's nothing that can be uninstalled or reinstalled.  It might be a problem with the Intel CPU version of Java, because there are a few differences with the PowerPC version of Java (the one I use) and the Intel version.

#6 01-04-2011 21:25:34

bongjibbs

Hi Waccoon!

Thanks so much for your efficiency, it's super appreciated. (:

Just as an update: the member used Safari and the board worked. She said when she used Firefox and tried another oekaki board it still didn't work, so... anyway, thank you for your help!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB