NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-23-2010 11:16:44

Sacch

Require login?

I saw this on another oekaki with the same version, but how do I set my oekaki to require login for users to see the pictures?
My oekaki is private, so I kind of want to implement that... xD But I have no idea what to do and I can't really find it anywhere in the control panel.

#2 12-23-2010 14:41:15

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Require login?

This feature is kind of against the spirit of oekaki, and it doesn't really work since the pictures follow a set naming scheme and can still be viewed if someone is persistent enough.

However, it can be faked by requiring all members to set the adult flag on their pictures, and setting the control panel to prevent guests from viewing adult images (by default, the images are hidden, but can still be viewed by clicking on the placeholder).

#3 12-23-2010 18:21:43

Sacch

Ah, so... you're unable to provide the code? It's understandable either way, but I was wondering if there was anyway to use that feature. Only one part of the oekaki is private with a select number of users.

#4 12-23-2010 23:22:00

Waccoon
Administrator

Ah, I see... it's a normal/elite board setup.  Well, were you thinking of blocking the board entirely, or just the images, so people could still see the comments, memberlist, and the like?

Blocking all the images while leaving the comments intact would need some work, but requiring a login just to access the board would be pretty easy.

#5 12-24-2010 02:03:25

Sacch

Just require a login to access everything entirely. The oekaki I saw that had it had something like this on their front page: "You are not logged in. Please log in or register to view this oekaki."

That's all I really want ^^

#6 12-24-2010 14:43:02

Waccoon
Administrator

Just to let you know, I am implementing this into 1.5.5, and it's almost ready.

Since you're a guest on the forum, you can e-mail me and I'll make sure to get you a beta version for you to test once it's done.

I suppose now would be a good time to implement private logins, too (for public terminals).  Now that's a long overdue feature.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB