NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 01-01-2010 02:38:06

humbuged

boot.php error

Hello,

I get this error when I go into my oekaki page

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/boot.php on line 150

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/boot.php:150) in /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/boot.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/boot.php:150) in /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/boot.php on line 44

I've already tried to reupload the boot.php file but it's still the same. Also have already used the patch to update 1.4.2 to 1.4.3

Help~ smile

Last edited by humbuged (01-01-2010 02:39:04)

#2 01-03-2010 03:42:42

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: boot.php error

Wow, the server admins must have turned off that function entirely.  Here, I've made a small patch for this: 1.4.3 to 1.4.3x

I guess PHP 6 is going to enforce this, too, so I've hotfixed the main 1.4.3 download.  1.5.0 should be fully PHP 6 compliant, though it still needs more testing.

#3 01-03-2010 23:33:07

humbuged

Hello smile

I've uploaded the patch with the boot.php and common.php but still get the same message yikes I've contacted the admin, and they've replied it's a bug in the code :B

I also can't edit banners. I get this message

resource/banner.php is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

And when I click "Draw!", I get

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/boot.php on line 151

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/boot.php:151) in /home/humbug/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 243

Hope this will help find the bug big_smile

Last edited by humbuged (01-04-2010 00:01:52)

#4 01-04-2010 14:20:29

Waccoon
Administrator

...they've replied it's a bug in the code

Yeah, a bug in PHP.  Hell, sometimes the language can't even properly report if it's running on Linux or Windows.

Since testing if the function is deprecated doesn't work, and testing for magic quotes doesn't work in PHP 6, I think I'll just have to remove the code entirely and require the use of at least PHP 5.  I'm tired of constantly having to check which version of PHP is being used.

I've updated the 1.4.3 to 1.4.3x patch.

resource/banner.php is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

Using an FTP client, you will have to enable write permissions for that file.  Normally the board does this automatically, but some servers prevent this from happening.  I'd recommend setting the resource folder to "775" and all the files within the resource folder to "664".

#5 01-05-2010 08:53:54

humbuged

Hello Waccoon big_smile

I uploaded the latest patch you made, no more error's on the top page of the oekaki! Thanks big_smile

For the banner.php is locked error, I set the files in the resource folder to 664 but it's still locked. So I set it to 666 and it works now.

When I click on "Draw!", it says this:

Pictures folder is locked! View Readme.txt for help.

Use your browser button to go back.

So what I did was change these folders permission to 777
- picture, resources, templates

The readme.html mentions that the people on the server can access the files via a system shell so I'm kind of nervous about that. So any ideas? Should I keep the permissions 777 and 666?

#6 01-06-2010 07:48:48

Waccoon
Administrator

Should I keep the permissions 777 and 666?

Short answer: yes.

If you have to use 777 and 666 to get things to work, that means the server uses a special security policy that is bound to your account and not the system shell.  That would explain some of the other weirdness going on.

#7 01-06-2010 11:53:47

humbuged

Ok, thanks Waccoon! Everything is working fine smile Happy New Year!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB