NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 02-16-2010 12:45:11

Gordon

PHP0h - Good enough?

I've wanted to create my own oekaki board for a while now, and I've finally looked around a little to sww how it works... but I have to say, it's so hard for me! I'm such a newbie and it's so much new information to take in.. phew!
I just wanted to get some help, I found a host site that... I think seemed ok?
http://php0h.com//content/view/16/26/
Is it good enough to host an oekaki on - or have you any tip for any better host site out there? It have to be a free one, I can't pay for it...

Heh, I know I'm such a newbie on this... but please, a little help would be so great! Thank you!

Last edited by Gordon (02-16-2010 14:12:32)

#2 02-18-2010 06:04:45

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: PHP0h - Good enough?

It's unusual for a free host to offer e-mail and unrestricted filetypes, so that's encouraging.  Chances are that host will work, but there's no guarantee.  It all depends on whether the host will work correctly with the Java drawing applets.

We used to maintain a list of free hosts on this forum, but many sites have been altering their security policies so Java cannot work.  Paid hosting is the only way to know for sure if your board will work 100%.

The Wacintaki manual provides a step-by-step review of installation, as well as a newbie guide that explains the terminology and tools you'll need to install and run the board.  If you run into any problems that aren't explained in the manual, let me know.  I'm always looking to improve the instructions.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB