NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-09-2010 16:38:26

mixel

Chibi Paint broken (frozen) since 1.5.0 upgrade. :(

Thanks for the updated banscript, Wak..

Now I'm having a totally different problem though.. http://oekaki.creepingmeout.com - Chibipaint is frozen.. I've thrown IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera at it.. Some of them let you move the windows around slightly but that’s it.. none of them let you draw on the canvas. sad

The same has happened on my 2nd board too.. Has much changed in chibi since 1.4.3 that would cause this - or is it my server?

Thanks in advance. :}
Mixel

#2 03-10-2010 03:46:27

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Chibi Paint broken (frozen) since 1.5.0 upgrade. :(

Chibipaint works fine on my board, and I'd expect that since only language support was changed.

Most likely it's Java on your PC that's the problem.  There's a few things you can try.

When you run any of the applets, a little blue and red coffee cup logo should show up in the Windows taskbar tray next to the clock.  Right click on it, and select Open Control Panel.  Close your web browser.  In the Java control panel, go to the General tab, and under Temporary Internet Files, click Settings.  Click Delete Files.  Then try your site again.

If that doesn't work, right-click the coffee cup again, and choose "Open [version number] Console".  A window will pop up that gives some information about Java as it is running.  Try running ChibiPaint, and see if any error messages show up.

ChibiPaint is a much more sophisticated program than the other applets, and it uses a lot more of Java's built-in libraries and tools.  It doesn't surprise me if PaintBBS and ShiPainter work fine, but ChibiPaint doesn't.  We'll see what we can find out.

#3 03-10-2010 05:02:47

mixel

Thanks, no luck yet though..

I booted up a Windows PC that didn't have Java installed, and the same thing happened with a fresh installation of Java. hmm Its the same in osX too. Other users of the board have reported the same thing.

I've followed the deleting temporary files instructions and looked in the console, which isn't reporting any errors..

At about the same time as the 1.5.0 patch i upgraded a lot of stuff server-side, PHP, MySQL, Perl etc.. I wonder if that did it? My PHP is 5.3.0 now.

I just tried rebooting the server.. Didn't help either. (it did speed up my page load times though..) I hope it's fixable as a couple of people have Chibi pics in WIP, hehe.

Sorry about this, seems like it could be awkward. smile

#4 03-11-2010 04:42:45

Waccoon
Administrator

PHP, MySQL, and all those other server updates shouldn't make a difference.  In fact, I just registered on your board and tried ChibiPaint, and it works and submits pictures just fine for me (WinXP, both IE and Firefox).

I really want to think this is a client issue (the web browser), but if multiple people are having the issue, and it is a problem on both PCs and Macs, this normally points to something bizarre with the server, like a corrupt JAR file or some kind of issue with running the applet off a subdomain.  But, like I said, it works fine for me.  If the Java console isn't reporting any problems, then I'm at a loss to explain what's happening.

#5 03-11-2010 12:27:59

mixel

Thanks, I have an XP machine I can try it on and see if it works there.. Strange stuff. big_smile

Nope, same problem there in IE.. I'm so confused right now! Obviously it was running fine before.. I tried swapping out the chibipaint.jar with one from one of your earlier Wacintaki zips but that did the same too. Wah..

I've tried navigating to it from its "proper" url without the subdomain, which didn't help. Hmm. I'll carry on messing around.

#6 03-11-2010 16:38:03

mixel

Fixed it. Well, someone did at the chibipaint board unknowingly. smile

Found that the console was dumping a lot of stuff when i tried enabling the same thing in osX.. whenever i clicked on the canvas this happened:

-------------

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1013478509 in class file cello/tablet/JTablet
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:698)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:209)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:315)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:144)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:250)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:398)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
    at chibipaint.util.d.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at chibipaint.util.d.a(Unknown Source)
    at chibipaint.gui.X.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
    at chibipaint.gui.W.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
    at chibipaint.gui.J.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6345)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3255)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6113)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2085)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4714)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2143)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4618)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4279)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4212)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4544)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:635)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

----

And found a similar problem documented in the Chibipaint forums.. http://www.chibipaint.com/forum/viewtop … 03e8eebff5 - I replaced the chibipaint.jar with their "fixed" one and its working on all the machines/browsers now. I've never installed jtablet on most of my machines, so i dont understand the bug, or what fixed it. sad

I'm glad something did though!

Hope this is somehow helpful anyway.

Last edited by mixel (03-11-2010 16:38:39)

#7 03-12-2010 05:46:09

Waccoon
Administrator

I've never installed jtablet on most of my machines, so i dont understand the bug, or what fixed it.

I recall running into the Magic Number issue with ShiPainter a long time ago.  ChibiPaint is the only one of the three applets that will explicitly try to enable JTablet if it is found.  From what I can gather on the ChibiPaint forum, there are certain conditions where trying to look for it will cause a problem.  I have JTablet on my machine, so that's probably why I didn't get any errors.

I'll have to look into including that fix into Wacintaki.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB