NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-17-2010 01:24:03

SailorShadow

Number of Pictures?

Okay, I just have a question on how this works. I see that if the number is lowered, the Oekaki will start deleting old pictures. In the CP it's worded that even upping the number will also start deleting old pictures. We currently have it set to 500 pictures, but rapidly approaching that number and don't want to lose what we have.

If this number is raised, will it do the same actions of deleting the old pictures or will it just change the parameter in the database?

I'd like to know before I actually do it.

And if it will still delete, will Archiving everything before changing the number help at all?

Thank you.

#2 03-17-2010 04:01:23

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Number of Pictures?

I might have to rewrite that line in the control panel so it's more clear.  If the number of stored pictures is reduced, excess pictures are deleted, and they are deleted immediately.  If the number is increased, the board won't delete anything.

There really is no reason to archive anything unless there's a LOT of art posted on a regular basis... or if you want to make the artist feel good.

BTW, if you do into the diagnostics page, the board will tell you how much disk drive space is used by all the pictures.  Depending on how much disk space your host gives you, you might be able to use a much larger number of stored pictures (such as 2,000 or more).

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB