NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-02-2010 13:58:04

CupcakeMan

Windows 7, ugh!

Apparently one of my members cannot use PaintBBS, specifically the bezier tool. It started once he updated to 7, and he's tried different browsers, different java versions, the whole shabang.

Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't had problems with chibi paint or shipainter, so that's good, but he uses PaintBBS exclusively because of the bezier tool.

#2 08-03-2010 05:19:56

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Windows 7, ugh!

Just tried PaintBBS with Windows7 on my laptop, and it works fine for me.

My first guess is that his video driver isn't working correctly with Java.  In the past, as in a few years ago, I've had issues with Java not updating properly when using ATI drivers.  That driver problem was fixed after a few months, though.  There was also a problem with Java and DirectDraw that required me to make a couple changes to the oekaki to fix it.  The DirectDraw fix was first used in Wacintaki 1.4.3.

Ask him if the tool seems to work, but the working lines for the bézier tool are invisible.  Or, does the tool not work at all (no bézier lines are drawn, in any color).

You can tell him to post here on the support forum.  Registration isn't required to post.

#3 10-02-2010 05:05:20

kazuv

I'm fairly certain my drivers and java are fully updated. I like triple-checked them, but I might just be an idiot. Anyway, I can't see the working lines for the bezier tool and I also can't see the buttons that say "Upload" "Back" and all that. I really hope you can help me because PaintBBS is like... my favorite drawing program to use and Cupcake's Elsewhere Oekaki is my favorite. Thank you for your time.

#4 10-03-2010 00:49:22

Waccoon
Administrator

I'm not sure if I can be any help.  I've just tried again with the latest version of Java (made by Oracle), and it behaves the same way as the Sun Microsystems version of Java I used last time.

Do you know what kind of video chip you have?  Intel / AMD / nVidia?  What web browser are you using?

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB