NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-23-2010 01:53:01

rainbow

Remove the draw.php file and integrate Draw Panel to the oekaki page.

A while back, I moved some of the contents from the draw.php file and integrated the code for the Draw Panel to the index.php file on my oekaki website.

I would like to see that implemented in future revisions of Wacintaki and possibly Wax Poteto, thus making it much easier to draw on oekaki without accessing the Draw page. smile

What are your thoughts?

#2 08-25-2010 03:43:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Remove the draw.php file and integrate Draw Panel to the oekaki page.

My thought is that it takes up too much space on the index page, and adding it as a rollover makes an already temperamental interface even more difficult to use.  It's worth the extra mouse click to keep the draw page separate.

#3 08-25-2010 03:48:01

rainbow

Re: Remove the draw.php file and integrate Draw Panel to the oekaki page.

Waccoon wrote:

My thought is that it takes up too much space on the index page, and adding it as a rollover makes an already temperamental interface even more difficult to use.  It's worth the extra mouse click to keep the draw page separate.

That's what I'm thinking. I took the draw.php file off the site and linked the form of the drawing panel to the front page. I did some testing to make sure that the images were submitted properly and it worked.

But while I have to admit that the notice text clutters the page, I was hoping to find a way to work around this without driving users away from my oekaki, simply because they found that using the draw panel as a rollover makes it too complicated for some users. sad

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB