NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-16-2010 21:25:17

K-ToF

posting info from Wacintaki to elsewhere.

I'm really not sure if this should b posted here, but here goes.

I've had a Wacintaki installed for over a year, it runs fine. What i want to know is if it's possible to get the title of the latest pic on it and the name of the user who drew it and post it somewhere else like a blog (a blogger.com one), like on a widget on the sidebar.

The idea is that people don't bother checking the oekaki often, but they do check the blog. So if they could see from the blog that there's a new picture, it won't go unnoticed.

Just thought i'd at least ask.

#2 11-17-2010 01:06:42

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: posting info from Wacintaki to elsewhere.

That's a cool idea.  Rather than having a full-blown RSS feed, a status file that shows when the board is updated would be nice.

How do you intend to show this information in the blog?  Should it be a plain paragraph that says when the last picture was drawn and by who, or should it be in some format that can be parsed by a script?

#3 11-17-2010 10:48:45

K-ToF

My first thought was to have some like "The Mona lisa was drawn by Leonardo 2 days ago" and maybe have a "new" image next to it for the first 2 days it's been posted.

For a oekaki that gets a lot of traffic, i imagine it'd make sense to have a latest 3 or 5 pics.

But personally really I'd settle with "The lastest drawing was the Mona Lisa by Leonardo".

Although, a format that can b parsed by a script would probably best since others would probably like such a feature, and not everyone wants the same wording or number of pics listed. but then u'd have to explain how to make/use such script. Dunno if u'd want that sort of trouble.

Instead, in the future versions, you might want to have the oekaki b able to generate this info as a feature for the admin so he can paste the code wherever. or just make it an optional plug-in, I'm just rambling at this point.

#4 11-17-2010 17:25:25

Waccoon
Administrator

That's easy enough.  An admin could use the language system so the information could be formatted a number of ways.

#5 11-17-2010 19:29:51

K-ToF

So i'm assuming that as of right now it couldn't b done then? until there's support for it from the oekaki i mean.

#6 11-18-2010 01:40:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Not without some kind of "crawler" program running on the blog, which requires custom coding and is very inefficient.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB