NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-17-2005 19:31:21

Shadow

From Theo Chakkapark to Wax

Ah, well.
I'm a Mod at http://www.sonicverseteam.com/Oekaki/ , and as you can see, it is the "Theo Chakkapark" Version thing - The one that doesn't support the new Wax Poteto.
I would like the update, but would deffinantly hate loosing the almost 500 members, and the 1000+ pictures on the board right now. Because, well that would really suck.
There's no simple way out of this besides not updateing/making an entirly new board, is there?

#2 11-18-2005 06:16:28

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: From Theo Chakkapark to Wax

First, you may be interested in MBackup, whick backs up memberlists for either OP or Wax boards.  That is a bit of extra insurance in case of a catastrophic failure.  Note that you must restore to the same type and version of board that was backed up.  MBackup

The update to Wax only requires overwriting the old OP files with the new Wax files.  The config files are not changed and the database doesn't have to be updated.  That's why I created Wax Poteto even though I've worked on Wacintaki for a lot longer.  Just read the "readme.txt" file from the Wax full distro for directions.  The only thing I have to fix is that you can't add a banner if you upgrade an OP board, unless you create a blank file called "banner.php", upload it, and CHMOD it.  I'll have to fix this in 5.5.3.

Wax also comes with an uninstaller, but all it does is delete the extra Wax files, so there's no orphaned files (like upload.php) left over when you go back to OP.

If you're still not sure that Wax is what you want, there is a new version of OP available, version 5.1.5aa, which includes a lot of the fixes I made.  Be aware, however, that to update to this new version, you must not copy the following working files, or else things will be convert back to the defaults:  announce.php, hosts.txt, ips.txt, notice.php.  Also, don't copy the installer.  wink

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB