NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-01-2005 18:32:39

Rika

Error when members login/trying to draw.

Okay, so I drew the first picture to test my oekaki and it worked fine, no problems whatsoever, and then my friend joined and had no problems whatsoever.  Now I'm getting emails from old members re-registering for the new oekaki that it's giving them errors like this when they register and try to login:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stormys/public_html/oekaki/dbconn.php:13) in /home/stormys/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 77

I thought maybe it was just them, but now all of a sudden I'm getting these errors too, when I went to Draw!  and clicked Shi-painter pro and then submit to start drawing like I did last time; this time it gave me that error above, and I have no idea what's wrong.

the link to the oekaki is http://akaichou.net/oekaki

Sorry if this has already been brought up before >_o  Thanks in advance~

#2 12-03-2005 20:59:04

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Error when members login/trying to draw.

I have a feeling this is a security issue.  Some servers don't like to run scripts that produce no output.  What bugs me is that when I try to view "resource/rules.php", I get the same problem, even though there's no PHP code in there, and it actually does produce output (as HTML).

Most of the time, this is because your server needs the execute bit set for scripts to work.  Few servers need this, but some insist on it.

Go into an FTP program, and check the CHMOD number of dbconn.php (the permissions).  Remember the number that is already there.  If it is 664, set it to 666, and see if that works.  If it is 666, try 776.  Whatever you do, don't set the last digit to 7, as in, xx7.

If neither solution works, set the CHMOD back to where it was, originally, to be safe.

If nothing works, you'll need to check the server logs to see why the server is returning an Internal Server Error when dbconn.php is viewed directly.  Normally, viewing this file will give you a blank page and nothing else.

#3 12-04-2005 11:02:03

Rika

I tried to change the chmod.. it said it was on 664?  Or something like that.. but everytime I try to change it to what you suggested it says:

550 Could not change perms on dbconn.php: Bad file descriptor
! Chmod failed.  It may not be supported on remote site.

#4 12-04-2005 11:04:32

Rika

Here are all the lines for anything related to dbconn or the oekaki in the error logs:

PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/stormys/public_html/oekaki/dbconn.php:13) in /home/stormys/public_html/oekaki/common.php on line 92

[Sun Dec  4 11:17:55 2005] [error] [client 66.249.65.42] Premature end of script headers: /home/stormys/public_html/oekaki/dbconn.php

#5 12-05-2005 02:57:10

Waccoon
Administrator

Ngggh...  Not being able to CHMOD files means the server is set up to lock you (meaning FTP) out of any files created by the server (meaning PHP).  Normally, I'd say this isn't good, but now that I've seen the "premature end of headers" error, I think it's because the server is misconfigured.  Header errors are common with Perl, but almost non-existant for PHP, because of how the language works.

PHP isn't sending out HTTP headers correctly.  The dbconn.php file produces no output, but the rules.php file should print something, and not just throw an Internal Server Error.

This is something you should run by your sysadmin.  I'm not sure what's going on, but it's likely a PHP configuration issue.

#6 12-05-2005 11:59:58

Rika GUEST

k I'll see what I can do..

#7 12-09-2005 04:31:05

Waccoon
Administrator

I found the problem.

[EDIT:  Editing the config files alone does not fix this issue.  A proper patch must be made.]

See this post for KiwiWolf.

#8 12-09-2005 19:07:37

Rika GUEST

Sweet yikes  I'll email those files to you right away <3

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB