NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-07-2011 03:05:57

True

TIMEOUT: database partially exported.

I've been trying to update my Oekaki but I keep getting this error.

Wacintaki UTF-8 Update

"TIMEOUT: database partially exported. This is normal if your database is very large."

No matter how many times I resume it continues to give me this error. What would keep causing this?

#2 10-08-2011 01:56:01

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: TIMEOUT: database partially exported.

This happens when the conversion script is trying to write a temporary file that includes all the data that needs to be converted to UTF-8 (which allows international letters, such as Japanese, to be used in comments).  For some reason, the script is taking too long to do this.

I find it unlikely that your database is large enough for this to happen repeatedly, so there's probably something wrong with the temp file.  The easiest thing to do is for you to give me a link to your oekaki so I can look at the status and lock files.  That will tell me at what step the script is getting stuck.  If you don't want to post a link to your oekaki publicly, send me an e-mail.

At this point of the update, there would be no damage or alterations to the database, so this can definitely be fixed.  I never thought a timeout would ever happen at all, let alone that there would be a problem with it, so I'm not sure what I'll find in the temp files.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB