NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-09-2005 22:08:45

xlory

help on installing wacpoteto

There is this oekakiBBS board that I own and run- http://kogkam.freefronthost.com/oekakip-5.1.0a/
Few weeks before, with help from a friend who knows more about computer stuff than me, we tried to upgrade the oekaki board to Wacpoteto, since it has shiBBS and other programs. She followed the readme and made the oekaki site so the previous images and comments/ other data showed up in the new oekaki board too. After she set up some stuff, the oekaki site didn't work (images did not show up and when i clicked on the images, the link didn't work) so I tried going to the install page... and pressed submit, but nothing happened! When I went back to the oekaki page, it didn't work again. However, ShiBBS, and I'm pretty sure that other programs, work well. My friend doesn't seem to know what the problem is. HELP!!!!!
The wacpoteto site: http://kogkam.freefronthost.com/wacpoteto-1.2.4/oekaki/

#2 12-10-2005 04:54:44

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: help on installing wacpoteto

Argh.  The problem is the board doesn't recognize which filetype each picture is (PNG, JPEG, or GIF) after an update.  I'm not sure why some servers have this problem while others don't.

I've made a script to fix this problem.  Put it into the same location as "index.php" (the oekaki folder), and then run it by typing the name in the browser address bar (http://kogkam.freefronthost.com/wacpote … xtypes.php).

#3 12-11-2005 00:29:13

xlory

i uploaded the fixtypes.php into the same folder as index.php
then i ran the file and got message:

Set pic properties:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/kogkam.freefronthost.com/wacpoteto-1.2.4/oekaki/fixtypes.php on line 78
Finished pic properties.
Done

of course I have no idea what that means... ^^;;;
then i checked the oekaki board again.. and it's still the same. >-< it's white and there's no images
i'm so sorry for being a pain in the butt *-*

#4 12-11-2005 02:26:47

Waccoon
Administrator

Ohhhhhh... I didn't realize that you made a copy of the old board, first.  How the copy was made affects the update.

First, based on the time comments are showing up on both boards, it looks like you're using two copies of the BBS in different locations, but you're using the same database for them both (SQL settings in the control panel).  That's not good, because if someone posts a picture in Wacintaki, and the database isn't updated, weird things can happen.  Make sure you disconnect one of the boards while you're updating things.  If you're not sure about this update, make a backup of your database, first.

Second, it looks like all the files from the old board were copied to the new location, and then you ran the installer, rather than the updater.  This also isn't good.  To update properly, the updater must be used.  I can tell the installer was used, because the board is trying to use picture name prefixes ("OP_15.png") before all the images, but the picture names are just numbers ("15.png").  Only the installer sets prefixes.

The fixtypes script won't work if the database hasn't been updated, so that's where the error comes from.  It's nothing to worry about.

To fix this:

1) View the old board and logout.  This erases your browser cookie.  It makes the update easier.

2) Some files are not needed.  The "documentaion" and "new_chat" folders don't need to be on the server, along with the readme file and so on.  This is a common installation error.  Just move the "oekaki" folder down one level and delete the "wacpoteto-1.2.4" folder, so instead of using "kogkam.freefronthost.com/wacpoteto-1.2.4/oekaki/", you end up with "kogkam.freefronthost.com/oekaki/".  You don't have to do this, but it shortens the address.

3) Since you're making a copy of your board instead of using the original, disable your old board by getting rid of index.php and replacing it with something that lets your members know you're doing something to the oekaki, such as "index.html" with a short notice.  If you don't know HTML, just deleting or renaming the index file will work, though.

4) Copy the update.php file from the Wacintaki distribution to the oekaki folder.  Then, copy the config.php and dbconn.php files from your original board to the new location.  This tells Wacintaki that the board is an older version and needs to be updated.  You may have to CHMOD the config and dbconn files to 664 in your FTP program before you can continue.  Usually, you can just overwrite them.

5) Try to view the BBS and login.  It should tell you to run the updater.  Do that, and follow the instructions.

6) After the update, if everything works, your old board will no longer be valid.  Tell your members to go to the new board.  If the update doesn't work, put the "index.php" file back into your old oekaki folder, and let me know (don't post anything in the Wacintaki board until the update is fixed!)

If you're not sure you want to do this, I can do the update for you if you e-mail me your host account information.  It looks like all the files are in their proper places, though.  It's just the config file that needs to be updated.

#5 12-13-2005 23:20:29

xlory

I did copy and paste update.php from wacintaki folder in the oekaki folder and moved templates folder and language folder to the oekaki folder. There are also many other stuff that I did that I don't remember so the website is really messy at this point.

I tried to take the problem with my own hands and I think I messed up on a lot of places.
I thought that I had to erase all the things in SQL for some reason... so when I got to step 4, running the update.php, errors came up:

Wacintaki Poteto Update 1.2.0

Update from Wacintaki Poteto 1.1.1 to 1.2.0...

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/kogkam.freefronthost.com/oekaki/update.php on line 1515
STOP: Unable to add admin ranks to database! Check the database for permission issues or try again.

Update to Wacintaki 1.2.0 failed.

Check your server permissions, the config.php and dbconn.php files, and try again.

...Well, that's the error message now and I have no idea. (Actually, I had no idea from the beginning and should not have attempted to fix it...)

So after I got messages that concerned with SQL-things, I went back to the old oekaki files and re-installed by running the install.php from the old oekaki that I had to upload again. I hoped/or thought that this would maybe help... but I don't think it did. MySQL page is still empty and I don't see any op-files! Oh crap.

The old oekaki board seems to be.. not working anyway. I did set up index.html telling visitors that that changes will be taking place. I tried to restore index.php, however, when I tried to re-install the old-oekaki and well, things are not looking good.

So now I get the message:

Wacintaki Poteto Update 1.2.0

Update from Wacintaki Poteto 1.1.1 to 1.2.0...

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/kogkam.freefronthost.com/oekaki/update.php on line 1515
STOP: Unable to add admin ranks to database! Check the database for permission issues or try again.

Update to Wacintaki 1.2.0 failed.

Check your server permissions, the config.php and dbconn.php files, and try again.

...which is the same as the one posted before. I don't know what should be done to fix the problem or even if I should just give up and start a new oekaki board.

Ahahaha... would you be so kind to look over the website account and situation and judge if it's fixable?
I'll send the account information through email.
Sorry!

#6 12-14-2005 03:25:16

Waccoon
Administrator

I went back to the old oekaki files and re-installed by running the install.php from the old oekaki that I had to upload again. I hoped/or thought that this would maybe help... but I don't think it did. MySQL page is still empty and I don't see any op-files! Oh crap.

Uh oh.  If you ran the original OekakiPoteto installer on a working board, it probably wiped out your database.

It's possible the memberlist is OK, but the comments are probably all lost.

In any case, I'll be happy to look at it and get it working.

Oh yeah, you may want my e-mailwink

Last edited by Waccoon (12-14-2005 03:34:31)

#7 12-14-2005 05:36:16

Waccoon
Administrator

Bad news, I'm afraid.  The database is totally empty.  All your members will have to re-register.

Tomorrow night (meaning late Wednesday to early Thursday), I'll install a new board for you.  Take a look through the pictures folder for anything you might want to re-upload to the new board after it's working.

#8 12-14-2005 18:13:08

xlory

ah, thank you! thank you very much

I think i'll want to upload every pictures from before.

Thank you!!!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB