NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-20-2012 00:56:12

shuen

Chinese Big5 Character problem after update from 1.5.5 to 1.5.13

I'm so stupid, forget to backup the database before update to 1.5.13
Now all the comments become unreadable like "來試用了~"
How can I solve it?

#2 11-20-2012 05:12:06

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Chinese Big5 Character problem after update from 1.5.5 to 1.5.13

Okay, don't panic.

First, make a backup of the database as it is now.  It should be possible to reverse the encoding, but I'll probably have to do it myself.  I'd like to figure out what went wrong with the updater, but if worse comes to worse, I should be able to fix your board from the backup.

Second, if you have a link to your oekaki board, it would help if you could show it to me.  By reading some of the comments, I may be able to figure out what encoding is being used now, which will help me track down what went wrong.

The way the recode works is that if you are using the Chinese language pack, the updater will automatically select BIG5 as the source encoding, and then it will use a conversion tool called "IconV" to change the encoding.  It's pretty simple, and I'm not aware of any existing problems.  If you've modified the language pack, or Chinese is not the default language for the entire oekaki, some things may not work.

#3 11-20-2012 10:13:58

shuen

Thank you Wacoon!  big_smile
Can I just send you the SQL backup?
It is so embarrassing to show you the site because it is 18x...

#4 11-20-2012 14:22:38

Waccoon
Administrator

Absolutely.  You can send the backup to my e-mail (link).  If possible, please compress the backup using a program like ZIP, RAR, or 7Z (when making a backup, most control panels will give you an option to compress the data).

Having a link to the oekaki is helpful because I need to make sure the web browser is being set to the correct encoding.  When you look at your oekaki, what encoding is being used now?  You can usually find the oekaki by looking at the web browser menu "View -> Character Encoding" or "Tools -> Encoding".  My own oekaki is 18+, so I've seen just about everything.

#5 11-20-2012 22:39:43

shuen

I already send you the SQL, and
I had checked the browsers(Firefox/Chrome/IE) the encoding of my board is UTF-8
Thank you!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB