NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-09-2014 07:55:54

Pinkie

URGENT! Can't log in after upgrading to latest PHP

I upgraded my host form php 5.2 to 5.3 today, and when I try to log in I get the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/functions.php:1) in /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/common.php on line 173

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/functions.php:1) in /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/common.php on line 173

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/functions.php:1) in /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/common.php on line 182

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/functions.php:1) in /home/pinkiepichu/oekakis.pichusworld.net/scribble/common.php on line 605

I'd really appreciate it if you could help me with this. URL is http://www.oekakis.pichusworld.net/normal/

Thank you

EDIT: I've downgraded to PHP 5.2 and things are back to normal. Will have to upgrade to PHP 5.3 eventually after my host stops supporting it - may be worth looking into for the next version.

Last edited by Pinkie (05-09-2014 09:08:51)

#2 05-14-2014 04:49:59

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: URGENT! Can't log in after upgrading to latest PHP

That's odd.  I've upgraded to PHP 5.3 before and am now running PHP 5.4.25 and I haven't had any issues.

I know you've downgraded back to 5.2, but if you have an old copy of your PHP error log, that might give more detailed information about what headers were sent.  Line 1 of the functions.php file is just the opening PHP tag, and that really shouldn't cause any headers to be sent unless you're using a short tag ("<?") or there's an errant space in front of the PHP tag.

#3 06-07-2014 12:50:48

Pinkie

Waccoon wrote:

That's odd.  I've upgraded to PHP 5.3 before and am now running PHP 5.4.25 and I haven't had any issues.

I know you've downgraded back to 5.2, but if you have an old copy of your PHP error log, that might give more detailed information about what headers were sent.  Line 1 of the functions.php file is just the opening PHP tag, and that really shouldn't cause any headers to be sent unless you're using a short tag ("<?") or there's an errant space in front of the PHP tag.

How would I be able to access error logs? In FTP I can find a log directory but the last edit date is 2011.

My host is due to drop support for php 5.2 and if forcing an upgrade to 5.4 by November so I need to look into this at some point soon.

thanks

#4 06-08-2014 04:25:06

Waccoon
Administrator

Most of the time, PHP will write a file called "error_log" into the same folder as the oekaki itself, though it will not be accessible through a web browser for obvious reasons.

Otherwise, you should be able to access both server and PHP logs in your host's control panel.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB