NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 01-14-2006 06:30:14

schwpz

Applet freezes upon saving image

Hello,

I'm encountering an annoying error on my board that I don't quite know how to fix.

Each time someone finishes a drawing and clicks on the sUpload (Shipainter) or Send (PaintBBS) a pop-up comes up showing the processing image's file size, dissapears once the processing is done, and then the java application freezes without redirecting to the next page. Just the java application is frozen, not the entire browser window. When I then return to the oekaki index I can go to my profile and recover the image so it can be displayed on the index. But it would be nice if I could make the redirect to work as it should.

The board is running on an apache server, and I'm not experiencing problems with playing animations or anything. It's clear that the images are saved as they should, I'm just not being redirected to the page once the image is saved.

The wacintaki version I'm using has been modified by niko to work with phpbb, so the error is most probably in the modification rather then in the original work. But I was hopeing that someone could perhaps point me to the right file to edit in order to fix this, andmaybe even give a hint of what part in particular I should be looking for. ^^

Thank you again for providing this great software, and best of luck with all your future projects. smile

#2 01-14-2006 19:55:13

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Applet freezes upon saving image

Is there anything suspicious in the PHP error log?  This is the best place to look for any applet data that's not being transmitted properly.  I assume you don't have any trouble submitting pictures on other oekakis?  That would rule out a problem with Java.

Wacintaki uses a special login mode when accepting data from the applets, called "quiet_mode".  Using this mode, any errors generated by the board will not be printed to the screen, so it won't corrupt the applet data (none of the applets use mutipart encoding, as they should).  It's possible that the phpBB integration doesn't account for quiet_mode, a necessary evil that helps to prevent lost pictures.  How quiet_mode works is explained in boot.php.

Which phpBB mod are you using?  I could take a look at it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB