NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 01-30-2006 17:35:42

LadySpanishrose

Strange comment glitch?

I remember this happening before, but I think when the picture numbers cycle, wakintaki or the database doesn't remove the previous comments that were left on the old picture when someone UPLOADS a picture of the same number???

For example:

picture 1 (not archived) was drawn in paintbbs and left with a few comments

the start of a new cycle...
someone uploads a picture and it ends up with picture number 1 and the previous comments did not get erased from the old picture number 1

hence! Confusion!

lol

some code is missing to clear out the old comments? Or is this because of my database not updating?

#2 01-30-2006 22:17:37

Max

Re: Strange comment glitch?

Thank you I had nocticed that too. Although I have no suggestion to help. *dork*

Last edited by Max (01-30-2006 22:17:49)

#3 01-31-2006 03:43:43

Waccoon
Administrator

Oops.  Yeah, I think there's something missing in the code to clear out comments.  I'll look into it.

#4 02-04-2006 04:57:27

Waccoon
Administrator

I can't seem to find anything.  The upload script calls "kill_picnumber()" properly before it writes a new post.

someone uploads a picture and it ends up with picture number 1 and the previous comments did not get erased from the old picture number 1

OK, so the pictures uploads fine, but the commets are not cleared out, right?

You're also talking about all of the comments, not just the comment from the artist (the first comment)?

#5 02-04-2006 11:56:31

Max

Nope, yesterday I uploaded a picture then, suddenly like 10 commets appeared that were from like 3 months ago. ^^

#6 02-13-2006 09:14:45

LadySpanishrose

sorry for taking so long. I was away for a bit.
the artist's own comments show up, (the title, description is changed to the newest artist, which is normal) but old comments appear along with it.

#7 03-07-2006 03:25:00

Waccoon
Administrator

Update:

Well, the bad news is, I can't seem to find anything in the code that causes this problem.  The upload, draw, and auto-deleter all properly call the code to delete both comments and the picture.  I have no idea where this issue is coming from.

The good news is, the new version of Wacintaki uses a new sorting system so picture numbers are not recycled, so after an update to 1.3, this shouldn't be an issue, anymore.

Also, I finally added something that you may like:  customizable smilies.  I have 1.3 running on my own site at the moment, and it'll be released once I know there's no outstanding problems.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB