NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-18-2022 22:32:09

JDmiss

issue accessing or creating database using 000webhost

Hi, thank you for helping me out.

I've followed all instructions, set up CHMOD permissions and am installing it using the installer, and I'm afraid this might have something to do with the prefix for the accounts, but the instructions are not clear as to whether I keep them, or remove them when trying to install. I've tried it both ways an get similar errors. I've tried to search in the forum archives for answers to this problem but they're too vague or "nm fixed!" or many years old at this point and don't seem to apply or work.

it looks like this:

---

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /storage/ssd3/086/19880086/public_html/install.php:114) in /storage/ssd3/086/19880086/public_html/db_layer.php on line 45
Could not connect to the SQL database. Database: ProxySQL Error: Access denied for user 'id19880086_animoekakimod'@'2a02:4780:bad:f00d::c' (using password: YES)

---

the login names are supplied from 000webhost using these prefixes so that's what I've used.

I'm not sure what to do, thank you in advance!

Last edited by JDmiss (11-19-2022 00:04:58)

#2 11-19-2022 04:38:52

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: issue accessing or creating database using 000webhost

Do you have anything else in your account (blog, etc.) that needs access to the database?  What this says is that your DB account login is invalid, and it has nothing to do with the Wacintaki database prefixes.  You'll have to verify that your database login and password are correct at the server end.  Try removing "_animoekakimod" from your login name.  Some hosting services I've used in the past will prefix or postfix things to your login names that aren't supposed to be typed in, and for whatever reason they don't tell you that in their documentation (just one of the things you learn when setting up a UNIX-based host).

The Wacintaki prefixes are only needed to distinguish one install of a board from each another if you want multiple boards.  They aren't necessary and may be deleted if you wish.  The filename prefixes are the same, but make it easier for board members to download and save images, so they know what oekaki they came from.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB