NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 02-04-2006 15:58:00

Pinkie

Failed Installation

After recently installing Apache, mySQL, PHP & phpMyAdmin I decided to install Wacintaki -- just so that I can have fun modifying the files while learning PHP. I'm running on Apache 1.3.34, with PHP 5 (I think) and mySQL 5. I enabled mySQL in the php config file and it seems to work fine.

I tried to install the latest version of Wac. I didn't CHMOD any files becuase I have no knowledge how to do that on my home computer. I just assumd it would be ok. So anyway, I ran the installer and this is what I recived:

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...
Field 'templatesel' doesn't have a default value [admin]
Invalid default value for 'PIC_ID' [data]
Out of range value adjusted for column 'miscvalue' at row 1 [piccount]
Finished setting up database...

I realized that some tables were missing, so I re-ran the installer, this time I got the following:

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...
Table 'op_oekaki' already exists [members]
Table 'op_oekakichat' already exists [chat]
Table 'op_oekakicmt' already exists [comment]
Invalid default value for 'PIC_ID' [data]
Table 'op_oekakionline' already exists [online]
Table 'op_oekakimailbox' already exists [mailbox]
Table 'op_oekakimisc' already exists [misc]
Table 'op_oekakichatmod' already exists [chat_mod]
Table 'op_oekakichatmodusers' already exists [chat_mod_users]
Out of range value adjusted for column 'miscvalue' at row 1 [piccount]
Duplicate entry '2' for key 1 [dbversion]
Finished setting up database...

I checked the db, the following tables were created:
    * op_oekaki
    * op_oekakichat
    * op_oekakichatmod
    * op_oekakichatmodusers
    * op_oekakicmt
    * op_oekakimailbox
    * op_oekakimisc
    * op_oekakionline

None of the others were created. Furthermore, my admin account was not inserted into the database. I registered an account and simply changed the flags to 'OSAGDUM' I can now log in fine, but I have no admin powers, nor does Wac detect me as an admin. Are the flags in Wac different to the ones in Wax Poteto?

On the main index I get the followign errors:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\program files\apache group\Apache\htdocs\oekaki\index.php on line 60

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in c:\program files\apache group\Apache\htdocs\oekaki\index.php on line 63

but I'm assuming this is due to that half of the tables were not created.

Also, I have a few other questions regarding PHP (which I am currently learning). For log-in scripts on Wax & Wacintaki, does it use an sessions or is it just cookies? Also, what is the most reliable form of encrypting stuff in a database? I understand that salt is used to encrpty a password on WP and Wacinatkaki, but is there another way to do that? just out of interess...

Oh...and one more thing. I realize that Wacintaki uses DIVs instead of tables.... is there any specific reasons for you changing this? Or is it just becuase you despise tables? (I find them a pain in the neck if you ask me. lol)

Thank you for reading this big_smile

Last edited by Pinkie (02-04-2006 16:07:08)

#2 02-05-2006 00:22:18

sfox8

Re: Failed Installation

I believe Wacintaki uses a "ranking" system for administrative powers. There should be a ranking field in the op_oekaki table. Your rank should be set at 9 I think? If 9 doesnt work then try the other numbers 1-9 XD; I can't remember which one.

I've just been waiting for 1.3 to come so I can fiddle with that one =O

XD And as for the divs vs tables thing, yeah I would also like to know that.

#3 02-05-2006 05:39:28

Waccoon
Administrator

Most likely, MySQL 5 requires a default value to be set, but the installer only tells the database it "cannot be nothing."

I'll look into this.  PHP5 gave me similar problems with fwrite(), because the developers just suddenly decided it would be illegal to write files of zero length.  Sigh.  I hate it when they change things like this, especially since I'm not in the mood up update my own MySQL database.

Tomorrow I'll make a new installer to see if that helps.  If so, that's definately something that has to go into 1.3.

For log-in scripts on Wax & Wacintaki, does it use an sessions or is it just cookies?

OP / Wax / Wacintaki all use cookies only.

Also, what is the most reliable form of encrypting stuff in a database? I understand that salt is used to encrpty a password on WP and Wacinatkaki, but is there another way to do that?

There are three standard encryptors in PHP:  crypt(), md5(), and sha1().  They are all basicly the same in function, as they all return hashes of the data, rather than encrypted data that can be decrypted into the original data.  Only crypt() requires a salt, however, which is prefixed to the hash (if your salt is "A1", a hash may end up being "A1kr15BrPF13g").

In terms of effectiveness on an OekakiPoteto board, they are all the same, due to problems with how the board works.  How you prepare the data before it is encrypted make more difference than which encrypter you use, and Poteto-based boards don't really use any special form of preparation.

In general, you want to change the data in a way that cannot be easily reproduced.  Just encrypting "username" isn't very good.  But, adding a secret value to the username before it is encrypted (such as "usernameSECRETWORD") is effecitve.  The salt is supposed to add a certain random factor to the encryption that still allows encryted data to be transferred to other servers, but since crypt() puts the salt into the encrypted hash, it isn't very effecitve.

Oh...and one more thing. I realize that Wacintaki uses DIVs instead of tables.... is there any specific reasons for you changing this? Or is it just becuase you despise tables? (I find them a pain in the neck if you ask me. lol)

Tables are very troublesome with CSS, and CSS is preferred for styling content in web pages.  It uses a lot less bandwidth and the code is cleaner (most of the time).  So, I tried my best to reformulate the layout with DIVs and CSS.

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of things that can't be done properly without tables, because HTML was really designed with documents in mind, and not BBSes.  So, there's a lot of both in Wacintaki.

#4 02-06-2006 13:03:22

Pinkie1

Take your time with the new installer wink

#5 02-07-2006 03:18:53

Waccoon
Administrator

Try this installer:  install.php

#6 02-07-2006 13:23:35

spastic

I had this exact same problem when my host upgraded to MySQL 5. I'll try your fix. smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB