NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-11-2006 10:44:26

NCWeber

MySQL Warning message

Hello.  Just recently upgraded to WacintakiPoteto 1.x from OekakiPoteto 5.x because my new host won't allow CHMOD 777 for the oekaki diresctory.  I decided to start fresh, so I follow the manual instructions.  After completing the Installation, I went to the index.php and received:

"Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/afrodise/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 73

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/afrodise/public_html/oekaki/header.php on line 100"

at the top of the page, and:

"Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/afrodise/public_html/oekaki/index.php on line 60

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/afrodise/public_html/oekaki/index.php on line 63"

at the bottom of my page.  Any ideas on what the trouble may be?

#2 04-12-2006 05:05:21

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: MySQL Warning message

The database didn't initialize properly.  You'll have to upload the installer to the server and run it again.

Make note of any messages returned by the installer after you click Submit.

Also, make sure that the database username you created when setting up the database has all the permissions required for settting up the database, which includes CREATE, DROP, and ALTER.  How you change user permissions depends on what administration software is used by the server.

#3 04-13-2006 15:10:33

NCWeber

Thanks!  That certainly did the trick. smile

#4 05-10-2006 03:24:21

Okei

I'm getting the same messages:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shrubb2/public_html/okei/oekaki/common.php on line 239

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shrubb2/public_html/okei/oekaki/header.php on line 110

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shrubb2/public_html/okei/oekaki/header.php on line 137

and at the bottom;

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shrubb2/public_html/okei/oekaki/index.php on line 62

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/shrubb2/public_html/okei/oekaki/index.php on line 65

This is what I get when I install it;

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...
No Database Selected [members]
No Database Selected [admin]
No Database Selected [chat]
No Database Selected [comment]
No Database Selected [data]
No Database Selected [online]
No Database Selected [mailbox]
No Database Selected [misc]
No Database Selected [chat_mod]
No Database Selected [chat_mod_users]
No Database Selected [piccount]
No Database Selected [dbversion]
Finished setting up database...

I've reinstalled it a bunch of times, but I always get the same thing.
(if you want to see it; http://okei.shrubbyart.com/oekaki/index.php ^^;; )

I'm such a n00b at this! XD;; Ive read through so many threads and I've tried so many things, but I'm so bad at this! ~___~;;;

#5 05-10-2006 04:33:13

Waccoon
Administrator

Are you sure your database name is correct?  Sometimes servers will prefix your account name on the database name without telling you, so if your server control panel login is "bob", and your database is "oekaki", the actual database name will end up being "bob_oekaki".

Also make sure your database username has the correct permissions to access the database.  Some servers will intentionally give vague error messages to make things more difficult for hackers.

#6 05-11-2006 00:43:23

Okei

Thank you so much~! <3 I'm gonna check it out with my friend, who's giving me my subdomain, and see if he can switch anything around!

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB