NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-20-2006 22:12:50

PokéJungle

Next Wacintaki?

I'm kinda wondering when you'll update the software big_smile  I'm actually a huge fan of it, my oekaki is becoming more and more popular.  We got like 10 pictures today X3;

Anyways, I am very curious about when the next version will come out.  Do you have some features we might see in it?

I'm also beginning a project to develop a mod for Wacintaki, since it is very underdeveloped in the modification area.  Hopefully that'll turn out well.

++ Visit my Pokémon Oekaki ++

#2 04-21-2006 05:31:37

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Next Wacintaki?

Well, 1.3 was supposed to be out by March, but working 12 hour days isn't helping my schedule.  I haven't felt like working on it for a while.  I'm using an alpha of 1.3 on my website at the moment, so it shouldn't be TOO much longer.

The biggest changes are support for avatars, group projects, and safety saves.  Pictures may either be tagged with passwords, or as "public domain", so any member may retouch a picture and post it in a new slot.  Original artists are credited automatically.  This allows for a "coloring book" type oekaki.

The problem is that OekakiPoteto wasn't really designed to do this kind of stuff, so a lot of code has to be replaced, especially with the code that gets and saves pictures from the applets.  It's taking longer than I thought.  However, it should be much easier to add new features.  This is important, as I don't intend to make new versions after 1.3 is out, so people are free to go nuts with mods.  I can't say the new code is much cleaner, though.

There are also *huge* reliability improvements, so pictures should be deleted in order, now.  Previously, pictures were recycled in a rather chaotic way, so pictures drawn a few days ago might get deleted before something drawn last year.  This has been a major annoyance for a long time, and fixing it was pretty involved.

#3 05-03-2006 10:21:08

PokéJungle

So no new Wacintaki's now?

If that's true, it's a real shame.  Another Oekaki script that's been discontinued.

#4 05-04-2006 04:41:15

Waccoon
Administrator

I'm working on a brand new one -- just the way I want it to be done.

When it will be released, of course, is the question.  wink

#5 05-06-2006 17:55:56

PokéJungle

Oh, can't wait then X3;

I'm sure it'll be fantastic~

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB