NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-04-2006 23:43:40

oswald8

I'm having weird errors on my page...

I'm sort of a newbie, this is how far I can go. I uploaded the fils on FTP, I did the installation afterwards, and I get weird errors on my page: http://oswald8.os.funpic.org/oekaki/

Can anyone help out? i've obviously done something wrong ._.

oswald.

#2 06-05-2006 02:29:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: I'm having weird errors on my page...

Sometimes when you set up a database, the database username doesn't have full permissions by default, and the installer won't be able to create the tables it needs.  Are you sure you didn't get any error messages when you ran the installer?

I can see the pictures and avatars folders were created just fine, as well as the config files, which means all the file permissions are fine.

To fix this, copy the "install.php" file back to the server, and view that page.  In the database section, click "Click here to uninstall an existing database", and on the next screen, select both checkboxes to flush the entire database, just in case there's something leftover.  Then, you can try installing again.

After you fill out the installer information and click the "Submit" button, pay close attention to the messages printed.  You shouldn't get any errors if you're insalling a board from scratch.  If you do, I'll need to know what the installer is reporting.

Also, make sure your "Path to OekakiPoteto" is correct.  That installer setting tends to be a problem, as PHP isn't always able to detect the correct value properly for some reason.

#3 06-05-2006 16:28:09

oswald8

I reinstalled, and this is what I get when I submit: (same as last time)

"Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...
No Database Selected [members]
No Database Selected [admin]
No Database Selected [chat]
No Database Selected [comment]
No Database Selected [data]
No Database Selected [online]
No Database Selected [mailbox]
No Database Selected [misc]
No Database Selected [chat_mod]
No Database Selected [chat_mod_users]
No Database Selected [piccount]
No Database Selected [dbversion]
Finished setting up database...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

#4 06-05-2006 19:01:02

Sadil

Are you sure your database information is correct? O:

#5 06-06-2006 04:34:28

Waccoon
Administrator

Check the "actual" name of your database.  Sometimes if you create a database, the server will prefix your username to it without telling you.  So, if your server login is "bob", and the database is "oekaki", the name may end up being "bob_oekaki".

If you search this forum, you'll notice it's a very common problem, and it drives everyone nuts.  It's a shame servers still use this old-fashioned technique.

#6 06-06-2006 17:43:42

oswald8

I don't even know how to create a database...when I do so it says "no privileges". That mean I can't..and I should change host, right? but I went to funpic.org because I read other trheads on this board recommending it, so why wouldn't I be able to do it?

#7 06-07-2006 04:46:53

Waccoon
Administrator

Several people use FunPic to host their oekakis, so I know it works.  *How* the database is set up is a different story, as each host have a different procedure.

Is there anyone around here that uses FunPic that can help?

When you log into your FunPic account, there should be a control panel of some sort that allows you to maintain your web site.  Apparently, you've found it.  However, you'll also need to create a database user and password.  This "special" username and password is used only for getting access to the database, and nothing else.  Once you have your database and db user, you need to "assign" that username to the database, which is what actually gives you permission to use the database.  Without that dedicated database username, you won't have any permissions to use the database.

Once that's done, you can enter the database name, username, and password into the installer.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB