NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-25-2006 23:52:28

Chriz

CHMOD?

I'm stuck here. Under instal: You need to CHMOD your main directory so it is writable (use 777 if you are not sure what to use)

I'm not sure what my FTP is:

FTP Manager

FTP Accounts
With the FTP account utility you can control FTP accounts for your users or if your account has sub-domain support you can add FTP accounts for your sub-domain(s).

Setup Anonymous FTP Access
Here you can change how anonymous FTP users should be treated and change the anonymous upload policy as well.

Anonymous FTP Message
You can edit the anonymous FTP welcome message that users will see when they login to your FTP site.

FTP Session Control
This utility allows you to disconnect users or time out FTP sessions.

I'm using something called cPanel X.

Last edited by Chriz (06-26-2006 00:02:16)

#2 06-26-2006 04:26:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: CHMOD?

These tools are for setting up FTP accounts (logins, passwords, ports, rules, etc.).  Normally, when you sign up to be hosted by a server, you will have a default FTP account set up for you, so you don't have to create one.

So, after you've gotten an FTP program, use the server URL as the host address (common uses are "www.myserver.com" or "ftp://www.myserver.com" or "ftp://ftp.myserver.com", depeding on what the FTP program likes).  Your CPanel login will be the FTP username and password.  The default FTP port is almost always 21.  Please note that you should use the server name to log in, and not the actual path to your web site, so don't type in something like "www.myserver.com/myaccount".

After you've logged in, right-click on files or folders to change permissions.  You just need to make sure that uploaded folders have group write permissions.  Owner write permissions should be on by default, and public write permissions are not required.  Execute permissions are also not required, but it doesn't matter how those are set.

If you're really stuck, tell me what FTP program you're using.  Note that your server may provide an FTP Manager which has a web-browser-based interface.  This is usually not sufficient for uploading an oekaki.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB