NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-29-2006 06:10:32

rainfreak

Error connecting MySQL

i was trying to install the board but i got an error. i'm not vey good with SQL sice i've never had the need of using so i ended up kinda lost with this:

Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...

Wrote base “resource” folder files...

Starting to set up database...

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'oekaki'@'62.168.109.162' (using password: YES) in /mnt/storage/users/a/q/u/aquasoul/oekaki/dbconn.php on line 10
Could not connect to the MySQL database.

i'm using wacintaki 1.3.2

i don't really know what it is, can you help me please?

Last edited by rainfreak (06-29-2006 06:13:58)

#2 07-01-2006 07:00:14

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Error connecting MySQL

Access denied could mean either of two things:

1) The information you typed into the installer isn't working, meaning the username or password.  The database host is correct, since it is at least trying to make a connection.

2) The username you created for the database does not have sufficient permissions to access the database.  When setting up database users, some servers require that you manually "activate" the account, or ensure that all the SQL commands (CREATE, ALTER, UPDATE, and so on), are fully enabled.  How you do this depends on the server, so I can't really give you any tips on how to verify this.  If you're 100% sure your username and password are correct, go to the section where you create your database username, and look for something pertaining to permissions.  Minor permissions are required for installation, but full MyISAM permissions are required to do any future database updates.  Anything related to InnoDB or transaction support is not required.  Wacintaki doesn't use any really advanced database code, so you can just turn on all permissions.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB