NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-02-2006 19:40:33

Fushi

!!!Transfer Error!!!!

When I try to submit a picture a popup appears:

"Transfer Error.  Take a Screenshot of your image before trying again."

What is wrong? D:

Here's my oekaki: http://www.divine-light.net/oekaki

AND

When I try and upload an avatar this comes up:

Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 10106/10106 is not allowed to access /mounted-storage/home17b/sub003/sc19148-YQVB/divine-light.net/oekaki/avatars owned by uid/gid 99/99 in /mounted-storage/home17b/sub003/sc19148-YQVB/divine-light.net/oekaki/edit_avatar.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(avatars/c0934d95d42addc4abbd09713f504511.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home17b/sub003/sc19148-YQVB/divine-light.net/oekaki/edit_avatar.php on line 115
File did not upload properly. Try again.

AND

When I tried to upload an image it said this:

Could not write uploaded image. Check file permissions for picture #4.

Last edited by Fushi (07-02-2006 19:53:05)

#2 07-03-2006 00:00:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: !!!Transfer Error!!!!

Safe mode is a real pain.  Thank goodness it is being removed from PHP 6.

Safe mode prevents scripts owned by you (stuff that has been FTP'd) from creating files in folders that are owned by the server (folders made automatically, like "pictures" and "avatars").

To fix this, you should delete the "pictures" and "avatars" folders from the server.  Then, create new ones with the same names within your FTP program, and CHMOD them to either 664 (preferred) or 775.  When you do this, the server will know that you own those folders, and hopefully won't complain.  If it does, let me know what the board says.

The "templates" folder will be fine as it is, so long as you CHMOD it correctly.  Don't worry about the "lanugage" folder.

#3 07-03-2006 13:07:43

Fushi

I'm sorry but I'm still experiencing the same errors.

Here's what I have CHMOD'd:

oekaki 777
pictures 664
templetes 755
language 755

I haven't messed with anything else. Should I CHMOD them all the same?

#4 07-04-2006 04:05:51

Waccoon
Administrator

Normally the installer creates the pictures and avatars folder, so PHP shouldn't have had any trouble accessing those folders the first time around.  I may have to write a script for you to re-create those folders, though I don't know if it will work.  I have a Windows computer, and Safe Mode affects Linux/UNIX systems, so I can't test this kind of stuff on my own computer.

- Did you have any trouble getting the banner and notice to work?
- Do you have any problems creating templates (not editing ones that are there)?

#5 07-04-2006 20:06:48

Fushi

I have no trouble getting the banner, notice and templates to work. I can make new ones just fine. It won't however, let me use an image as a background on a template. It shows up white when I use a link.

I just cannot send pictures, upload pictures, upload avatars...etc. The o-mail works fine however.

I'm being hosted at servage and registered at registerfly.com

I'm not sure what is wrong with it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB