NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-11-2006 12:26:58

Nullig

Googlemap

I've created a Googlemap addon for my site. It's not "fully" integrated with Wacintaki, but works fine for my purposes.

If anyone is interested, I can send you the code.

Nullig

#2 07-11-2006 20:47:05

Maxx

Re: Googlemap

Can you just poste it here please?

#3 07-11-2006 21:00:00

Nullig

I sent the zipped files to Waccoon, as I couldn't find any other way to post them.

I'm working on an install guide, which I'll send to him tomorow, hopefully.

Nullig

#4 07-12-2006 05:23:40

Waccoon
Administrator

Googlemap?  I'm not sure what that is.

I'm afraid the ZIP was deleted from the e-mail at some point.  I don't think your e-mail server can send zipped attachments.  Here's the error I got, at the bottom of the e-mail:

The ATTACHMENT googlemap.zip(pdmarker.js) WAS DELETED from this email as this type of attachment contravenes email content security policy.

La PIÈCE JOINTE googlemap.zip(pdmarker.js) A ÉTÉ SUPPRIMÉE du message, ce type de pièce jointe enfreint la politique de sécurité concernant le courrier électronique.

What you can try doing is getting rid of the ".zip" on the file before you attach it to the e-mail.  I'll just change the filetype when I get it.

#5 07-12-2006 11:23:26

Nullig

I sent you another email, changing the file extension. Hopefully it will work.

Googlemap is a google world map, which you can display on your site. The users can add "markers" to the map to show where they live and add comments. It gives you a visual representation of where your users are. Just a fun addon, which a few boards are beginning to use. Our users asked for it, so I developed a simple app to incorporate it into the site.

I'm sure you'd be able to integrate it quite easily into your app.

The included instructions are fairly straightforward, although I'm not a terrific technical writer, so you may want to clean it up.

If you have any questions, or suggestions for cleaning up the code, let me know.

BTW, I want to thank you for the terrific job you've done with this board, especially given the complexity of the software involved. It is one of the easiest installations I've ever encountered and my users love it.

I also want to thank you for the support you offer here. I know that sometimes it can feel like a thankless job, but, believe me, it is very much appreciated.

Nullig

#6 07-13-2006 05:04:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Nope, the attachment was still deleted.  However, I did check out Googlemap, which is a cool idea.

#7 07-13-2006 09:37:28

AlexiaSH

Maybe try using a file upload service like RapidShare or MegaUpload?

#8 07-13-2006 10:05:33

Nullig

OK, I posted it on my website. You can download it at:

http://www.themcgrans.com/googlemap.zip

Nullig

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB