NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-20-2006 17:28:11

ajprivitt180

'How to get your Oekaki up and Running!' For Newbs

Hiya! I put toegether a user friendly instruction manual for people who don't know where to start.

STEP 1 - Needed files/programs/ect.

1:1 Now, we begin by downloading a FTP Client. Just go here: http://smartftp.com/
(Your gonna need this to upload files into your host. Download the trial version. It's free and I still have mine and I've had it FOR A WHILE)
1:2 You need to find a host that supports MySQL, PHP, ect. I recomend you using FUNPIC for your host. Its 100% free, you get tons of space, unlimited bandwidth (I think), and blah blah blah all that other good stuff. AND if you use funpic, it'll be alot easy to follow these next steps. Sign up for free here: http://funpic.org
(^^ And no, freewebs doesn't support PHP/MySQL yet.)

STEP 2 - Uploading your files.

2:1 Alright. Start by moving your 'oekaki' folder to your 'my documents' folder.
(You COULD rename 'oekaki' but...It'll be easier to follow along if you don't.)
2:2 After installing Your FTP Client, open the program.
(Notice all the windows/text areas/ect.)
2:3 Now, at the top of your FTP Client, your gonna put your funpic website address in the textarea all the way to the left. Then login using your funpic username and password.
(Leave the port alone. Then click on the green arrow.)
2:4 Now, drag the 'oekaki' folder into the window to the right on your FTP Client.
(Just leave the computer alone, and wait for all the files to load.)

STEP 3 - Installing Your Oekaki

3:1 Go to your funpic website, then click on the 'oekaki' link.
(It'll take you to the INSTALLATION page.)

The rest is pretty easy to figure out. Its just a bunch of questions on how you want your oekaki to be. Like: How many pictures per page?

But if you have anymore questions about INSTALLING your oekaki, just ask. big_smile

#2 07-20-2006 17:29:42

ajprivitt180

Re: 'How to get your Oekaki up and Running!' For Newbs

I think thats it. If you think of something you wanna add to this, post. If you have any problems, also post.

#3 08-03-2006 12:31:24

siliconsara

It would be wise to note, that funpic.org only allows ONE DATABASE so if you want to install multiple boards, you must have different prefixes for the tables of each board.

Also, funpic.org requires that you ACTIVATE MYSQL IN THE CONTROL PANEL.

Screenshots of what I mean:
FOR FUNPIC USERS!  BEFORE DOING THE STEP THREE ABOVE, DO THIS FIRST!!!

Do this:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/technodracula/funpic1.jpg
Then this:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/technodracula/funpic2.jpg

Now proceed to step three above of the original opening post.

#4 08-19-2006 22:26:00

Hello

I have smartftp v2, and my connections are not connected. Will setting on of these up require any knowledge of php XD? I feel brainless....

#5 08-20-2006 20:04:10

sfox8

No it doesn't require any php knowledge really, unless you want to get into oekaki board customization. All ya gotta do is follow the directions to set one up ^^

#6 09-27-2006 15:15:43

RuRu

Well I'm using FTP and all that but when I upload the files and then click instal.php it says that its not working, and my .php are picture files.....is that the problem or....
D: Its really getting frustrating. Help would be appreciated! <333

#7 09-28-2006 02:15:03

Waccoon
Administrator

The installer must be run from the server, not your own computer.  After uploading all the files to the appropriate place on the server (such as wwwserver.com/oekaki/ ), just try to view the site in a web browser.  It will redirect you to the installer.

#8 10-01-2006 17:15:47

Akutsiichan

Mine says that An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
It will log in for about 2 seconds then that will pop up. What do i do?

#9 10-04-2006 03:11:16

Waccoon
Administrator

Huh?  Are you getting this message from your FTP program when uploading the files to the server?  If you're not using FTP, and you're using a web-based interface to upload files, what are you using?

If you're getting this from the board when viewing it in a web browser, I'll need a link.  This sounds like an upload issue, though.  Right?

#10 10-04-2006 05:36:23

Akutsiichan

I'm getting it from the FTP server. I followed every single step in this guide. But, that's where im stuck at.
So, yeah I guess it it an uploading problem

Last edited by Akutsiichan (10-04-2006 05:37:26)

#11 10-05-2006 05:10:57

Waccoon
Administrator

Some FTP programs are better than others when conncting to servers.  You might want to try a different program, like Filezilla or CoreFTP Lite.

Why?  I have no idea.  I use CuteFTP 4, and it likes some servers and not others.  I use either of those two programs above to deal with the "fussy" servers.

#12 10-06-2006 16:10:29

Akutsiichan

um, yeah i'll try those thanks

#13 10-16-2006 01:16:32

siliconsara

A certain coon' should sticky this. =P

#14 10-17-2006 02:31:54

Waccoon
Administrator

I think I've transferred all the important stuff into the Installation Instructions sticky.  Please note that FunPic has completely changed their site maintenance tools and rules, so the above screenshot is no longer valid.

#15 10-19-2006 00:19:00

siliconsara

Waccoon wrote:

I think I've transferred all the important stuff into the Installation Instructions sticky.  Please note that FunPic has completely changed their site maintenance tools and rules, so the above screenshot is no longer valid.

And also initiated forced ads, which is why I jumped ship before they changed the interface.

#16 10-19-2006 02:56:03

Waccoon
Administrator

Forced ads are a fact of life with free servers.  I did prefer the older ads which merely showed up on top of the page, though.  It was easier to yeild some space for them.

What really ticks me off is their new filtering policy.  People are having lots of trouble getting Wacintaki to install, and even if they can, the notice usually won't update and people are having comments filtered out.  Unless FunPic releases a list of words that are filtered (unlikely), I can't do anything about it.

In short, don't plan on FunPic for oekaki hosting for now.

#17 08-13-2009 22:17:26

Fyrus

This would help if you explained the funpic thing dude
It keeps saying the URL's not supported.

#18 08-11-2010 23:01:01

Clover

Fyrus wrote:

This would help if you explained the funpic thing dude
It keeps saying the URL's not supported.

I have the same problem. anything to fix this?

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB