NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-08-2006 23:55:17

merrow

My host got hacked, and deleted all "index" files...

So when you go to my wakintaki oekaki page you see this:
http://www.randomfandom.com/oekaki/

All of my data, sql database and other files are untouched. All I need to do is figure out how to restore the index page, but I have no idea how to start. I had a custom template that might be dust now, but I can recreate that later. I just want to get my users back up and running.

Any ideas? I'm using Wacintaki Poteto 1.3.3.

#2 09-09-2006 09:02:41

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: My host got hacked, and deleted all "index" files...

This depends how the server was hacked.

So, all the original "index" files were delected?  Have you copied back the index.php file from the Wacintaki distribution?  Or have only index.html files been deleted throughout the server and the PHP files are intact?

If you're using a proper index.php, PHP should not be reporting an error on line 27.  You also won't get this error if there is hacked code in the banner, notice, etc.  Replace the index file, and see what happens.

If the problem is still not resolved, recopy all the base files from the "oekaki" folder of the Wacintaki distribution to your server.  You only need to copy PHP files.  The shipainter folder and other image/JAVA files don't have to be recopied.

We'll work from there.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, you're using v1.3.1, not v1.3.3.  Make sure you use the correct version to get your oekaki up and running, then you can perform the update to v1.3.3 later.

Last edited by Waccoon (09-09-2006 09:10:22)

#3 09-09-2006 12:21:13

merrow

Re: My host got hacked, and deleted all "index" files...

The hack effected anything named default.*, index.*, home.* and a few other similarly named files.

I thought I was using the most recent version, since I found that .zip in my backups folder. But installing the old index and then updating worked like a charm! Thank you, I'm up and running now.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB