NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-23-2006 09:50:28

Shannah

PHP problems

Hello,

I'm new here, and I've downloaded the Oekaki software, but I don't know how to use it. I don't know how to use PHP, it all looks like Chinese to me. But I really want my own Oekaki board. Can anyone help me please?

Greetings,
Shannah

Ain't no other man
That can stand
Up next to you
Ain't no other man but you

#2 09-24-2006 05:20:20

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: PHP problems

First, you need a host for the oekaki.  This might help.  If you want hosting for free, I recommend finding one with ads at the top of the page, rather than on the side.  The board handles vertical anomolies better.

Servers handle PHP.  You don't really need to know anything about it except that the server must support it (almost all do).

A MySQL database is also required.  Almost all servers have it, though some free servers don't let you use it unless you pay.

If you don't have an FTP client to upload files to the server, you'll have to get one.  Free, easy-to-use FTP programs aren't that numerous.  FTP Explorer is the easiest to use, but it does crash a lot.  CoffeCup looks pretty good, but I haven't tried it, as it's technically a "trial" version.  I'd start with FileZilla.  If you have trouble with it, try FTP Explorer.
FileZilla - (Windows, Free)
CoffeCup FTP - (Windows, Free)
CoreFTP - (Windows, Free)
FTP Explorer - (Windows, Shareware)
SmartFTP - (Windows, Commercial)
WS_FTP - (Windows, Commercial)

Once you have all your stuff together, you just have to upload all the files to the server, CHMOD (change permissions) on a few files and folders, and then run the installer.  The rest should be automatic or straightforward.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB