NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-11-2006 19:18:53

gd

Password recovery busted in 1.3.4?

Hey Wac,

I've been getting an increasing number of e-mails lately informing me that the password recovery feature at Fearsome is not functioning properly. The problem seems to be the same every time:

blackmyst wrote:

I get the confirmation email, then the link brings me to the screen where I type my new password, but after I enter it, it says the username is not found. Which is silly, because if I had typed the wrong username I wouldn't have gotten the confirmation email.

I'm not sure if this is specific to a browser or what, but it seems to have started fairly recently; did any password recovery code get dramatically changed in the last couple versions (I can't remember)? Is this a known issue? Figured I'd drop a line and see what's up.

#2 10-12-2006 05:32:08

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Password recovery busted in 1.3.4?

As soon as I saw this, I knew it was another pesky registered globals issue.  It affects some servers and not others.  A change to the server's PHP configuration would cause it to become a problem all of a sudden.

Here's a patch for you.

Wax Poteto had a problem with its password recovery for a while, but in a different part of the code.

#3 10-13-2006 11:07:42

gd

Re: Password recovery busted in 1.3.4?

Thanks! That seems to have fixed it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB