NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-24-2006 23:32:41

Emarii

Pictures Upload-But Show Up As A White Canvas

http://peilya.pe.funpic.org/1/oekaki/index

On both Shi and PaintBBS, 3 separate users (including me) on my oekaki board have completed a picture and uploaded it, typed in the title and message etc, but when they post it-it clears itself!  This has only happened since I switched servers (I had to install a new wacintaki onto it) but I don't see ANY reason why this would happen.  As you can see, pictures # 46, 14, and 13 did this.  We all tried the recover options, clicked the back button on our browser (we were asked if we wanted to restore the picture, and when we chose yes, it would appear as a blank canvas again!).  The animations are non-existant, and so are the images themselves.  Is this because of the new server? If so, can I fix it, or should I switch again?

Thanks in advance.  (Waccoon, I must commend you for your speedy replies to us frazzled oekaki-ers on your forums!). smile

#2 10-25-2006 06:12:03

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Pictures Upload-But Show Up As A White Canvas

Whoa... wait.  It disappears after you type in the title and comment?  The image can't possibly be showing up on the comment screen and disappearing on the index.

The only thing I can think of is that your database isn't accepting the picture information, so the file isn't getting saved at all.  If Wacintaki doesn't receive the picture properly, it's supposed to send an error code to the applet so it won't forward to the comment page.  However, FunPic's banner ads might interfere with this behavior.

Try this:  to ensure that the database has been properly updated to MySQL 5, download and run this file.  The 1.3.0 updater is supposed to do this.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to give you a custom picture save file that will export errors to a custom log.  FunPic doesn't allow access to the server's PHP error log, so that makes diagnostics a bit difficult.

As for "restoring the picture" in the applet, that doesn't always work.  I'm afraid Java is pretty stupid about how it handles images.

Oh yeah, and an update to 1.3.4 is recommended.  You'll need the patch for "1.3.0 or newer" from the products page.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB