NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-13-2006 19:03:41

RuRu

template help

Not sure if you can do this, but can you make your OWN template and not use premade ones that come with the pack?

#2 12-13-2006 23:03:45

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: template help

Yes, but you have to know how to code CSS to do it.  Very basic PHP understanding is also recommended, so the resulting template file doesn't have an accidental syntax error.

The easiest thing to do is make a copy of a template that's pretty close to what you want, and change the color values.

Tips on PHP:

- PHP code starts with a "<?" and ends with "?>", so make sure the tags are properly matched.

- A tag that starts with "<?=" means to print something.  In the case of a template, what's "printed" actually gets written to a CSS file.  So, you'll see a lot of these tags.

- The "<<<" operator is for printing very large blocks of text.  The format is "command <<<UNIQUE", where command is a printing function like "echo" and UNIQUE is a keyword that marks the end of the block you want to print.  If you don't mess with the "<<<EOF" statements in the template, you'll be fine.

- Every time you change the template, you have to delete the automatically generated CSS file.  The board will then generate a new CSS file from the PHP template.  Wacintaki cannot use "pure" CSS, as the template files have to contain special layout information that is processed by the oekaki.

#3 12-14-2006 19:20:55

RuRu

So I need to write out my own in a file or....I'm sorry I'm not sure what you mean...

#4 12-15-2006 03:13:43

Waccoon
Administrator

The PHP files in the templates folder are the templates, such as "Banana.php".  These are used to make CSS files, such as "Banana.css".

Start with one of the PHP files in the "templates" folder.  Open it in a text editor on your computer and modify the color values as you like.  Then, upload it to the server.  If there is a CSS version of the file on the server, delete it, and the board will automatically make a new one.

Sorry, but unlike Wax Poteto, there is no web-based template editor for Wacintaki.  You have to do it all in a text editor.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB