NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 02-03-2007 17:20:04

Artie

Wax Suggestion: Chat Timestamps

I know probably very rarely does anyone actually use the chat on an oekaki, but for some reaso nmy users happen to love it and it's in use quite often.  Something that has always annoyed me is that there's no timestamps in the chat, so you have no idea how long it's been since the last line in the chat when you enter, if it's quiet.

Currently a line of chat looks like:
<  *Artie> Blah blah

Would it be possible to have a timestamp added to each line when it's posted so it comes out looking like this?:
[17:41] <  *Artie> Blah blah

I don't think seconds in it would be necessary, as it's not a realtime chat anyway.  But I think at least a timestamp by minute would be very useful.

Perhaps if it's not too late, this can be worked into 5.6.  I'm very curious about what else is coming up in that update. smile

----------------------

Oh, and I may as well mention a bug I noticed also.  I'd like to keep the upload access on my oekaki to admins only.  Now, my server has issues sending out confirmation emails half the time it seems, so I'm constantly having to approve new members manually.  I wouldn't mind forcing approval for all new members, and I tried to do this, except when force approval was turned on in the control panel, new members all started getting upload access along with their forced approval.  (Though, this was in 5.5.10, I turned it off shortly after I noticed it and haven't tried it with any of the updates since then.)

----------------------
And on one more note, what about a tagging system?  Each picture posted could have tags entered for it either at the time of the uploading, or allow other members of the oekaki to tag pictures as well.  This way someone could see all the pictures on the oekaki currently tagged with a certain subject.  I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement, but it sounds like a neat idea to me.

Artie~

Last edited by Artie (02-03-2007 17:20:47)

#2 02-03-2007 22:31:18

sfox8

Re: Wax Suggestion: Chat Timestamps

In reply to your third question: you mean something like a labeling system right? Like, the user tags their oekaki as anime and people can view all the anime submissions? (or something like that).

If so then yup, you could do that pretty easily by adding a row to the pictures database and such. big_smile

#3 02-03-2007 22:51:41

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Wax Suggestion: Chat Timestamps

The timestamp on the chat system is easy to do, so I'll put that on my to-do list.  I've neglected the chat system for a while since it's a bandwidth hog, and I can't really do that much with it.

The upload flag bug was fixed in 5.6, but since 5.5.12 wasn't supposed to be released, I didn't copy it over.  I'll have to update the 5.5.12 archive.

I'll have to think about tag support.  Adding tags to the database is pretty easy, but changing the search mechanism isn't.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB