NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-14-2007 19:35:26

~*Eevee1*~

Back so soon?

I'm SO sorry I keep bugging ya. I feel guilty. >< I searched around the forums though to see if this was a problem for others and I didn't find anything. If there's something already on it, point me in that direction~

Okay, so first I'd like to say that a lot of my members love the Wacintaki features, even the ones who were iffy about it. big_smile Amazing job on everything you've done~

The problems we're facing right now have to do with all the drawing applets, but I just realized it happens with every single draw page on all my oekakis, even the Wax board. When you're drawing and you undo something, half the line strokes and picture disappears with it. I've only ever had this problem with Shi-Painter and now it's showing up for everything.
I've never had it happen to me this badly, heh. Is it something that's able to be fixed? If not I'm sure everyone can survive with it. Apparently it's been a problem for some for a while.
I know I have the latest java sun and it's doing the same thing in both Firefox and IE. Closing all browsers and starting in a new window doesn't help, but restarting my computer fixed it. -shrug-

Also, since updating to Wacintaki a majority of the previous pictures won't show up as png, but jpg when you click on the thumbnails. So you click on the thumbnail and end up viewing the thumbnail again. It's working fine for new pictures posted but a lot of people can't retouch their older pictures. For now I told the admins to just re-upload the pictures and animations in those cases.

Aaaaand one member says they can't resize the applet when they set the width/height to 600 and they refuse to float it. =] I'd like to just say "Tough, float it." but I'm afraid someone else might have the problem of not being able to resize the applet. The wax version resized the applet automatically when the size changed, is this possible for wac?

Thank you for your help~ <3

Last edited by ~*Eevee1*~ (06-15-2007 12:46:06)

Owner of the Suta-Raito Oekakis:
Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#2 06-16-2007 06:46:19

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Back so soon?

When you're drawing and you undo something, half the line strokes and picture disappears with it. I've only ever had this problem with Shi-Painter and now it's showing up for everything.

This has been a problem with both of Shi's paint applets for a while, and I don't know of any solution.  Animations could be to blame, since the animation code records each canvas change, so try painting without an animated canvas and see if that helps.

Also, since updating to Wacintaki a majority of the previous pictures won't show up as png, but jpg when you click on the thumbnails.

OekakiPoteto doesn't have "true" thumbnail support, it simply makes a non-scaled JPEG version of each image.  So, the updater has to do some guesswork when it converts from OP/Wax to Wacintaki as to what the "source" image is supposed to be.  It's supposed to use a PNG if it finds one, but otherwise uses JPEG.  If files have been uploaded, chances are they will have to be re-uploaded after the update.  The paint applets may also save a JPEG instead of a PNG, which can cause some issues.

Wax 5.6 is now pretty complete, and fully supports the new thumbnail system.  I'll be really happy when it's done.

BTW, before Wacintaki was based on OekakiPoteto, it was based on the original OekakiBBS script.  That script simply renamed all filetypes to have the "PNG" file extention, regardless of their actual image type!  That used to drive web browsers crazy!  roll

The wax version resized the applet automatically when the size changed, is this possible for wac?

I had to change that in Wacintaki because some web browsers (particularly Safari) will crash if Java is initialized with a size that doesn't match what is in the CSS/HTML, and using the resize gadget at the bottom of the page in OekakiPoteto can screw up the applet so it submits corrupt picture data, because of the way Java caches work (ever get that "Is picture restored" message)?  I could probably come up with something a bit more clever in the future.

Is there a reason why people don't use the "Resize applet to fill screen" button in Wacintaki?  I thought everyone would like that feature.

#3 06-17-2007 00:16:25

~*Eevee1*~

Is there a reason why people don't use the "Resize applet to fill screen" button in Wacintaki?  I thought everyone would like that feature.

They're stubborn and can't stand anything being changed. I love that feature myself. =} I'm sure everyone's going to adapt, most new boards are wacintaki anyway so either way they'll run into it.

When I recently added a page timer to the drawing pages (Which is great if there's a minimum drawing time rule) a lot of people were against it, and ever since I took it down I've been getting mails asking for it back etc etc. Funny how things change so fast.

Thanks for all the info, I feel more confident explaining things to my members without sounding like an idiot, hehe. big_smile

Last edited by ~*Eevee1*~ (06-17-2007 14:35:24)

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#4 06-22-2007 15:03:04

~*Eevee1*~

One of my members just reported that when they send a picture it shows up as a blank canvas. I checked, and it's true. I've never seen that happen anywhere, any ideas? D=
When they retouch it's still blank, but if they retouch someone else's artwork it shows up and they can send it in just fine.

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#5 06-22-2007 16:35:38

Nullig

Is the image larger than the largest canvas size you allow?

Nullig

#6 06-23-2007 06:09:52

Waccoon
Administrator

This is ShiPainter, right?

My best guess is that the animation is corrupt.  ShiPainter has a VERY annoying problem where if you try to import a canvas and an animation at the same time, the picture will be totally screwed up.  As a result, Wacintaki/Wax imports only the animation if available, or only the canvas if there is no animation.  If the animation is corrupt, you'll get a blank canvas.  The only solution at the moment is to download and re-upload the image, which gets rid of the animation so the applet can retouch the actual picture.

I haven't gotten around to making a hack where an artist can choose which canvas to edit.  Unfortunately, it looks like both PaintBBS and ShiPainter are no longer being updated, so it's not likely that this bug will be fixed.

#7 06-23-2007 09:49:37

~*Eevee1*~

Ah I see, yes it was in shi-painter. Apparently they can draw properly in it now though. =S Thank you for explaining that~ ^^

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#8 06-24-2007 12:39:41

~*Eevee1*~

I just recently found out that when shi-painter errors, restarting your computer fixes it a lot. Even when the animation is errored and retouching deletes half the picture, restarting fixes that all up. =O

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#9 06-24-2007 14:08:58

Waccoon
Administrator

That might be related to the Java cache, then.  Cache is always a problem.

Rather than restart the computer, you can experiment with clearing the Java cache.  Go into your PC's control panel, and open up the panel for Java.  Click the "General" tab, and then under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button.  That's for the latest version of Java, though.  Older versions of Java have the cache settings pretty well buried.

#10 06-24-2007 20:28:33

~*Eevee1*~

Thanks, I'll post that somewhere on the drawing pages for everyone to reference~ big_smile

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#11 08-15-2009 20:29:22

~Moon_Soul~

Hello, My little sister was being dumb and commenting rudly on SSO, My Computers ISP address was Banned. I did Nothing at all wrong! We each have different files on the computer. Would you please unban my account!?

#12 08-15-2009 20:32:44

~Moon_Soul~

Please, Im going  to go crazy w/o That website!!

#13 09-01-2009 22:04:31

~*Eevee1*~

Do you know your IP by chance?

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#14 06-28-2010 15:39:24

~Moon~

Why am I banned, AGAIN. I only have one account,  'You were banned for malicious use of the OekakiPoteto'
Please unban me I didn't do anything. 0.0

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB