NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-21-2005 10:30:47

Ryo

Some problems with local installation

2 days I try to install Wacintaki on my computer with EasyPhp and I have the same problem :

-On the top of the installation page I have this :
Notice: Undefined index: language in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\install.php on line 17
Notice: Undefined index: mode in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\install.php on line 63
Notice: Undefined index: action in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\install.php on line 137

-And at the installation progress :
Wrote database config file...
Wrote config file...
Starting to set up database...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur: 'root'@'@localhost' (mot de passe: OUI) in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\dbconn.php on line 10
Could not connect to the MySQL database.

This is my dbconn.php :

Code:

<?php // Include only

$dbhost = 'localhost';
        $dbuser = 'root';
        $dbpass = '';
        $dbname = 'essai';
        $OekakiPoteto_Prefix = 'op_';
        $OekakiPoteto_MemberPrefix = 'op_';

$dbconn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die('Could not connect to the MySQL database.');
        $mySQLDB = mysql_select_db($dbname);

?>

I don't know what to do because everything seem to be correct and php/mysql work :s
I change nothing at the code and when I install it on a web server it works fine O_o

#2 07-22-2005 04:52:10

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Some problems with local installation

Unless you're a programmer, you'll probably want to turn off error notices in PHP.  OP and Wacintaki have a lot of code that triggers warnings (as do most free PHP scripts).  Open up your "php.ini" file (in the root of the PHP install folder), and search the file for "error_reporting".  Set it to:

Code:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

As for the database connection problem, I'm aware of old versions of the installer having trouble with passwords, but I think I fixed this in version 1.1.3.  What version of Wacintaki are you using?  I might not have fully fixed it, after all.

If you're using a password with your database, change the $dbpass variable in the dbconn.php file.  If you're not using a password, this might be an authority issue.  Try creating a new user for the database instead of using "root", which is always a good idea, even on a test system.

#3 07-22-2005 09:40:58

Ryo

I used an old version (1.1.5)
So I try to install the last version and I change php.ini and nothing have change :s
I add a password to user "root" and the installation works fine (just an variable error "Notice: Undefined variable: resno in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\install.php on line 544" )
But When I go to the bbs after the secure installation I have many variable errors

Code:

Notice: Undefined index: OekakiU in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\index.php on line 10
Notice: Undefined index: OekakiPass in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\index.php on line 11
Notice: Undefined index: pageno in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\index.php on line 12
Notice: Undefined index: sort in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\index.php on line 13
Notice: Undefined index: artist in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\index.php on line 14
Notice: Undefined index: mode in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\index.php on line 51
Notice: Undefined variable: siteflags in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\banscript.php on line 19
Notice: Undefined variable: row in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 144
Notice: Undefined variable: row in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 144
Notice: Undefined variable: pending_count in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 151
Notice: Undefined variable: pending_count in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 154
Notice: Undefined variable: candraw in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 286
Notice: Undefined variable: canupload in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 286
Notice: Undefined variable: canSuggest in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 286
Notice: Undefined variable: canmail in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 286
Notice: Undefined variable: caneditprofile in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 286
Notice: Undefined variable: canlogoff in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 286
Notice: Undefined variable: canchat in h:\easyphp\www\oekaki_poteto\header.php on line 282

Im' not very good good in php language but it's not a syntax problem with $ " '() ?
I'm using php 4.3.10 and msql 4.1.9

#4 07-23-2005 02:39:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Sorry, but newer versions of PHP are getting very unfriendly to old scripts written for PHP versions 3 and 4.  I don't know why EasyPHP defaults to having notices turned on.  That's awfully restrictive and can cause problems with a lot of scripts.  Maybe the EasyPHP developers felt it was a good idea to force newbie PHP programmers into good habits.  Unfortunately, it also causes a lot of free scripts to fail.

So I try to install the last version and I change php.ini and nothing have change :s

Really?  The line "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE" means, "show all errors except for notices".  If you changed your PHP ini file, it shouldn't show the notices, anymore.

This might be an EasyPHP quirk.  Maybe it's not using the correct php.ini file.  Check to see if there's a second php.ini file in your Windows folder (try both "C:/Windows" and "C:/Windows/System32").  If there is, you have to change that file instead of the one in the PHP install folder.

If that still doesn't work, there might be another php.ini file, or similar, in the Apache web server folder.  To improve performance, some servers use an Apache plugin instead of the "real" PHP, and I believe it might have its own config file hidden somewhere in the Apache folder.  Instead of using a bundled package like EasyPHP, I installed Apache, PHP, and MySQL manually, specifically to avoid these configuration headaches.

#5 07-23-2005 04:15:31

Ryo

I found an other php.ini in the Apache folder i've change it and it works !! *happy*
Thanks a lot Wac :3

#6 10-24-2005 09:12:42

Souleymane

Hi Mr Admin I got some connection problems
and there ist the message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur: 'root'@'@localhost' (mot de passe: OUI) in c:\worka\worki.php on line 64
Impossuble de se connecter

I tried to change the code bei php.ini about "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE" and there is every things OK
So i need your help please.

#7 10-25-2005 03:51:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Using that "E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE" config change fixed the errors above that say "Notice: Undefined index:".  If a script cannot connect to the database, that's another issue entirely.

Did the script used to work and then it stopped working, or is this the first time you've used it?  Since this is a connection problem, my guess is that the root login is restricted, or the password is getting mangled.

Take a look at your php.ini file and make sure "magic_quotes_runtime" is set to "Off".  This can sometimes screw up passwords that are sent to the database.  The setting of "magic_quotes_gpc" doesn't really matter.

Also, it's recommended that you create a user for the database.  Even for testing purposes, using root can give you some unexpected results and an excess number of warnings.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB