NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-05-2008 14:11:28

Ashass

Problems customizing application

I am trying to customize your Oekaki so that it fits well with lawlsuit.com's theme, but any time I change -anything- in header, or any other file (except for files under /template) I get

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in path/header.php on line 1"

In the above example, I changed

<? if ($wactest) { ?>

<meta name="Description" content="Online art BBS for the deepest of the shallow!">

<? } else { ?>

to

<? if ($wactest) { ?>

<meta name="Description" content="test art BBS for the deepest of the shallow!">

<? } else { ?>

Now, in normal apps, this should -not- break the application in this way, and then when I ctrl + z to return it to its original form, and ctrl + s to save, reupload, I continue to get "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in path/header.php on line 1"

Why is your application behaving this way?

#2 05-05-2008 14:40:59

Ashass

Re: Problems customizing application

I updated from Wacintaki 1.3.10 (or 11 can't remember!) to the newest version 1.3.12 and it seems to have fixed the problem

#3 05-06-2008 02:48:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Problems customizing application

PHP will tell you which line of code is causing the problem.  In this case, it was line 1, which is really strange.  Maybe your text editor stripped the file header or a copy/paste put a bracket on the first line.

BTW, the $wactest variable doesn't work unless you turn on debug support in the "hacks.php" file.  That's the variable I use to customize my own oekaki board, so you might get some unusual behavior if you enable it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB