NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-17-2008 15:44:57

Ashass

Retouch idea?

Would it be possible to save a copy of the old image/animate as a backup each time a person goes to overwrite it using retouch?

So say they have 5 potential backups, the first time they retouch its [1] then [2]... up to [5]

That way, if they are drawing something they have worked extremely hard on (and in the case that inspired this post, $20 contest prize) the owner of the oekaki can 'revert from backup' and so not 100% of the work is lost, only what was lost in the last session or two. (Which still sucks, but at least its not an utter loss)

It should be an option, not a mandatory to keep backups, and maybe even have the amount of backups as a choice.

And wacoon, if you think its a good idea, i'd be willing to work with you on it to implement it.

#2 05-20-2008 03:40:09

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Retouch idea?

Version control is something I've been wanting for a while, largely because of browser caching issues.  However, the naming convention being used now doesn't really make this easy to implement.

This is a feature I'd reserve for a brand new revision of the board.  Making it work reliably with the current code is harder than it seems, due to all the retouch/import options.

#3 05-20-2008 16:39:54

Ashass

Re: Retouch idea?

My idea is really just take the image and save it as a backup bmp or jpg, this may be done before the retouch, but it might be easier just to make a hidden duplicate (that only an admin who has access to the ftp) that is created each time an image is made/retouched.

This would be a temporary fix, for sure, but at least it it could help make sure issues where the sock stream gets corrupted and fails to upload a new image

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB