NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-31-2008 04:45:38

Waccoon
Administrator

What's in a name?

I'm getting closer to my goal of merging Wacintaki and Wax Poteto into a single project.  All I really have to do is fix up the template converter and patch in a new menu bar, so people will be able to choose between Wacintaki's static menus, or Wax Poteto's dynamic menus.

So, I have a question for the community.  Which name do you like better?  Wacintaki or Wax Poteto?

I'm not too sure about which name to use, because a lot of people prefer the dynamic menu system, and Wax Poteto has proven to be much more popular than I thought it would be.  I never intended to keep working on Wax this long, after all.

#2 05-31-2008 07:59:52

acwitness

Re: What's in a name?

If you're going to merge them, how about a merged name like Wac Poteto or Waxintaki??

#3 06-11-2008 12:37:46

sfox8

I'll second the idea for Wac Poteto. Or heck, maybe even create a completely new name. People always love something fresh, too. smile

#4 09-29-2008 01:08:24

I'm fond of Wacintaki. big_smile

#5 09-29-2008 16:36:20

rainbow

Waccoon wrote:

I'm getting closer to my goal of merging Wacintaki and Wax Poteto into a single project.  All I really have to do is fix up the template converter and patch in a new menu bar, so people will be able to choose between Wacintaki's static menus, or Wax Poteto's dynamic menus.

So, I have a question for the community.  Which name do you like better?  Wacintaki or Wax Poteto?

I'm not too sure about which name to use, because a lot of people prefer the dynamic menu system, and Wax Poteto has proven to be much more popular than I thought it would be.  I never intended to keep working on Wax this long, after all.

I'm fond of Wax Poteto...even though it's version numbering is still 5.7.1.

I'm hoping that there are upgrade patches from previous versions of Wax Poteto rather than full installs since they're so much of a big hassle.

I recall that earlier this year that upgrading my oekaki via a full installation from version 5.5.10 to 5.7.1 caused a lot of problems that required assistance in order to get my oekaki repaired.

#6 10-01-2008 18:20:28

toastie

I am quite fond of both, but if you ask me, I think a new name would be rad. Like, Takkinwacci, or Kakipeto, or Battinkaki? Or... I could go all day.

Last edited by toastie (10-07-2008 19:18:17)

Watch out for that skateboard!

#7 03-12-2009 21:11:24

pikatuff

I like Wacintaki or Wac poteto. smile

Guys who intrude on other people's paths of love hit their heads on a corner of tofu and die.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB