NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-16-2005 19:24:31

keyshi

animation problems...

Hey, i cant seem to get the animation to run on my board... the CHMOD is at 755 and the animations of other peoples boards run fine...heres a link.
http://mindcasterstudios.com/kc/Wacintaki/oekaki/

any ideas?

#2 09-17-2005 04:54:59

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: animation problems...

The animations are playing just fine on my computer.  Are you getting a red "X" where the animation should be in your browser?

It's possible that your browser's cache is corrupt and it's trying to run a cached version of the animation player.  Try to view an animation and if it doesn't play, hit Ctrl-F5.

#3 09-20-2005 17:52:22

keyshi

Ok, ya it was just the cache thingy i think...Anyway, one more question...im trying to make it so all images that are showen on the main page are 250x250 thumnail...but for some reason the new pictures are still showing up at 300x300.... I have all the settings set up right...(i think)

Default thumbnail mode: Scaled
Force default thumbnails: Yes
Small thumbnail size:250
Large thumbnail size:250
Filesize for large thumbnail generation: 15000000 (just set it high because it doesnt really matter...because it should use 250 anyway...right?

But for some reason as you can see...the newer pictures are showing up larger...at the size they were drawen at.... why would this be?

Edit: also is there anyway i can get a forum system set up that uses the same members as the ones for the bbs? (i think i might of fixed the thumbnails)

Last edited by keyshi (09-20-2005 20:16:08)

#4 09-20-2005 22:08:33

keyshi

Ok, I have a few more questions tongue heres a list...

1). is it possable to add a forum that uses the same member base?
2). Can i add things like a practise board? i could just install it twice...but thats not really what im looking for, since it would have all differnt settings and stuff.

#5 09-22-2005 04:20:04

Waccoon
Administrator

Set "Default thumbnail mode" to "Uniformity" to make all thumbnails the same size.  Scaled mode will shrink really big pictures (in filesize or dimentions) but will show most pictures at their original size.

Small thumbnails are what are normally shown on the index page, and on each artist's profile page.  Change the small thumbnail dimmentions for uniformity mode.

Integration with forums is difficult.  Julian made a mod of Wacintaki to work with phpBB, but I've not seen anything for Invision Power Board.  What's tricky is that Wacintaki uses cookies with encrypted passwords.  Most forums use sessions.  OekakiPoteto is a purpose-built BBS, not a full-blown CMS (Content Management System), so integration with a forum isn't easy.

To get a practice board, you'd have to install a completely new board.  It's possible to share a single database between two boards as described in the manual, and use the cookie hack in "hacks.php" so each board uses the same login.  OekakiPoteto wasn't designed with multiple boards in mind, and would have to be rewritten from scratch to fix that.  I'll do that eventually, but it'll take a while.  I'm just struggling to get Wacintaki 1.3 done.  smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB