NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-08-2008 05:49:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Wacintaki 1.3.13

Yay, time for fixes.  For those who have 1.3.12, there is now a smaller patch available.

Unfortunately, I've had to remove the "new chat" system from Wacintaki.  The problem is that it uses appends rather than DOM inserts, so every modern browser I've tried no longer displays the conversation frame... it just loads forever.  Firefox won't inspect the code for the proper frame, so I'm having a hard time tracking down the exact issue.  I recommend installing an off-site chat into your oekaki's notice, instead.  Take a look at CBox, which is quite popular for oekaki boards.

Code:

v1.3.13 - June 8, 2008

CHANGES:
- Started converting board to be PHP6 compatible.
- Draw screen shows proper default dimensions with custom canvas previews.
- Header now shows current artist being searched (previously omitted as an interface feature).
- w_exit() wrapper for exit() closes database if open.
- Log now tracks self-bumps on retouch.
- Added more testing for troublesome passwords when editing profiles.
- Removed old PHP "MAX_FILE_SIZE" flag from animation uploader, since it is a global flag and doesn't really do anything.
- Fixed some HTML encoding issues with the pending registration list, memberlist, and profile viewer.
- Updated the Wacintaki manual with some new info and clarifications.
- Verified updater to handle Wax 5.6.0 updates to Wacintaki.  Wax and Wacintaki now have identical config/db/hacks resources.
- Fixed artist and sort encoding when using drop-down menus.
- Closed several XSS attacks.
- Removed logging of empty functions.php requests.
- Removed new_chat system.  New browsers won't work with it anymore due to HTML parsing issues.

#2 06-14-2008 00:02:00

Ashass

Re: Wacintaki 1.3.13

Great patch so far, nothing appears to be broken. Keeping an eye out for bugs though.

You mention you patched some xss attacks, what specifically changed? I'd like to go through some of my own code and verify I did not make that type of mistake.

#3 06-14-2008 02:27:44

Waccoon
Administrator

The differences are fairly minor, since they mostly are for old OekakiPoteto user names.  For quite a while, Wacintaki has been filtering user names during the registration process.

I'll e-mail you about specific issues.  Let me know if you don't get my mail, because for some reason I've been having trouble sending mail to both Hotmail and Yahoo.

#4 06-14-2008 19:10:42

Ashass

My primary email is net_zero1 [at] hotmail.com, but I also check masamunewos [at] gmail.com regularly

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB