NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-06-2008 22:20:35

Twighlight

thumbnails

when i "thumb" a picture, the thumbnail just goes to an x, if u click it, it still shows the image but...

http://twighlight.tw.funpic.org/TAOekak … .php#pic83
look to see what i mean plz

#2 11-07-2008 05:12:37

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: thumbnails

That's odd.  It's making the small thumbnails ("T") but not the big ones ("R").

When you click on the "Thumb" button repeatedly, does it give you a blank, white screen instead of redirecting you to the index page?  That's usually a sign that PHP is running out of memory when making thumbnails.

I did add a new log check to the thumbnail generator in Wacintaki 1.4.1.  When you check the log, does it list anything under paintsave: r generate failed for (X)?

#3 11-07-2008 23:18:19

Twighlight

mo, it works fine, just the thumb is an x  hmm

#4 11-09-2008 07:15:56

Waccoon
Administrator

This doesn't make any sense.  The board is making thumbnails correctly when pictures are first posted, but the "Thumb" admin control causes the mid-sized thumbnails to be wiped out?  Both methods use the same code.

If you don't mind, do you think you could make me a SuperAdmin on your board for a few days?  I'd like to see if the mid-sized thumbnails are actually getting created or not, but simply are not showing up.

Otherwise, I'll have to give you a new "paintsave.php" file with some extra debug stuff in it.

#6 11-10-2008 22:46:19

Twighlight

now i have ANOTHER question,
you know how 'banana' template has its file for pictures?
well, i tried creating similar files for 3 new templates. it didnt work.
could it the program i used? (paint.net)
i edited the banana template and renamed it the new templates' names.
i made sure to replace 'banana' with the other file names, and i made sure that the pictures had the corresponding names.
i have lots of problems, lol. sorry

#7 11-13-2008 04:50:02

Waccoon
Administrator

I answered the template issue in the other thread.  wink

As for the thumbnail issue, I added some extra debug code to paintsave.php, so you can try it out: paintsave.

If it still doesn't make a thumbnail, check the log and see if it shows any new errors.  I'm trying to figure out if the "force" setting is working correctly, so the board is being instructed to make a mid-sized thumbnail, but just isn't.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB