NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-22-2009 22:34:43

loszhor

Board Migration

I not so recently bought some webspace and I got PLENTY of room left over from it's original use that I want to use for my oekaki that is currently on funpic. I want to know if there is a way to move it from that host to the new one without losing all the pictures ,comments, and members having to reregister. I searched the forum and found this tutorial ( http://www.ninechime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=653 ) on the subject but that was for wax poteto. Will those instructions still work or for wacintaki?

I'm moving from funpic to clawz.com if it makes and difference.

Also is there a way to have OekakiBBS in wacintaki?

#2 05-23-2009 00:33:50

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Board Migration

Yes, those instructions are still valid, with one tiny exception.  The only difference is that you must also CHMOD the "rules.php" file to 664.  If you have set rules on your board, that file is located in the resource folder.

NOTE:  Do not CHMOD the "hacks.php" file.  That file does not need the group write property.

To use OekakiBBS with Wacintaki, download it from the applets section of the products page.  Just upload the JAR file to the oekaki folder.  Please be aware that OekakiBBS does not work with newer versions of the Java platform, and therefore, many people won't be able to use it without losing pictures.  As far as I know, it will only work with Internet Explorer using Microsoft's version of Java.  This is why the applet had to be removed from Wacintaki.  However, if you really want it, the board does support the applet.  There's just no guarantee that the applet will run properly.

#3 05-23-2009 02:46:13

loszhor

Re: Board Migration

Ok, thank you.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB